Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    HOLY SHIT.

Of all the places to find common ground.
    I thought I was the only fool on earth that liked those, and it wasn't due to poverty (we were), but that's actually what I liked. It's a strange world.
    I'll be damned. Well, that's one thing we have in common.

Mine was both poverty and taste. But I was the only one of my friends that used them and they use to give me tons of shit about that. Until I shredded their faces off!
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I have an old Guitar Magazine, where in the back it's got the sound characteristics of all the different materials of picks, along with other info on them. Don't have a scanner, but could transcribe it later if anyone is interested.
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        I'll be damned. Well, that's one thing we have in common.

Mine was both poverty and taste. But I was the only one of my friends that used them and they use to give me tons of shit about that. Until I shredded their faces off!

LOL no shit I'm going to start throwing those suckers into a dish. When I get up to 15-20 or so I'll PM one of your guys and mail em out if you want them

As far as picks effecting tone....I'm more shocked by those thinking they don't rather than those thinking that they do. I've been using Tortex lately. Switching to the old Fender Mediums is a completely different attack. Much snappier.

Hell, pick up a bass pick & start playing and tell me you don't hear a difference

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
          LOL no shit I'm going to start throwing those suckers into a dish. When I get up to 15-20 or so I'll PM one of your guys and mail em out if you want them

As far as picks effecting tone....I'm more shocked by those thinking they don't rather than those thinking that they do. I've been using Tortex lately. Switching to the old Fender Mediums is a completely different attack. Much snappier.

Hell, pick up a bass pick & start playing and tell me you don't hear a difference

Vass
          That's alright, I've been using tortex picks for many years, now.
          But, the bread closures were my mainstay for a long time. And yes, they mostly came from Thomas's English Muffins.

Comment

So Thomas's English Muffins plastic tie has the best tone?
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

not only do the thickness and material of your pick affect your sound but also the angle of attack against the string affects your tone aswell.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

White Fender Mediums. I don't like the turtle shell.
                1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                Jackson SLATQH
                Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                Jackson DKMGT (project)
                Kramer Focus 1000
                Ibanez SDGR Bass
                Ovation Celebrity
                Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Thomas' English Muffins use them, too! I just finished a pack of them yesterday and threw the little plastic square tie out.
                  Could someone start a log of all the products that still use them? We could record the tonal properties of each in a spreadsheet....
                  If you can find the bigger plastic rectangular ties like that, they make good emergency strap locks.
                  I thought that was what Grolsch bottle seals were for.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    If you can find the bigger plastic rectangular ties like that, they make good emergency strap locks.
                    Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    I thought that was what Grolsch bottle seals were for.
                    Grolsch bottle seals are excellent straplocks as well. I got a D'Andrea guitar kit one time that came with a few of those plastic ties, they said they were good to use as straplocks. I thought it was odd, but they do work if you need them.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No matter what brand of pick I buy, the first thing I do is to soak them for one week in a jar of mojo. Works like a charm.
                      "POOP"

Comment

I was given a V pick today so I tried it with an open mind and yes it does stay put like they claim but it darken the guitars tone.
                        Its a very smooth (the beveled edges) and it was very comfy maybe I'll try some of their others and find one that will provide a brighter tone.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X