No announcement yet.

A Kahler problem and a humbucker problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think it all has to do with the way you have it wired, and the problem may go away once you wire the pickup correctly. Your dad is on the right track about wanting to double-check the grounds, but it will only solve the problem if it's wired right.

Here are some schematics that should help. They basically show what I told you above. The HSS config shows it with a 5-way switch, but if you look at the one for 3 single-coils, it shows the mini-switch wiring:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....489&fullsize=1

Just solder the black wire from the humbucker to that first switch, ground the green & bare wires, and solder & tape off the red & white. There should be a small ground wire connecting to the side of each mini switch. On mine, this wire goes to a ground lug screwed into the cavity shield paint. That lug also is connected to the backs of all the pots.

Comment

Ok, thanks dg. I will try that. Like I said, I'm still concerned because things were relatively ok, but now this strange buzzing is happening. Surely that means that not only is the wiring wrong, but also there is some damge there aswell..?

Comment

Working...
      X