No announcement yet.

Pick thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It tears through strings and eats finishes...but Stainless Steel for me.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
      I remember using quarters for shows when I couldn't find a pick. (as I'm sure everyone has tried) Quarters arent string friendly either, but at least they never messed with the finish. (for me anyways)
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
        Wow I guess I'm too anal about my guitar finishes, I dont want ANY pic marks on my guitars. Only a small portion of the pic is below my thumb. On my acoustics I may get a little carried away with chords, but they have a pic guard. I am curious now if I am the only one that thinks like this. Do you guys really get so hard on your guitars that you damage the finish?
        Holy Sheep DooDoo Batman!!!

Comment

I was using 1.5 mm Dunlops. But a friend turned me on to Pickboy Carbon Graphite picks that are fantastic. Those picks are very stiff so their 1.0 mm is plenty inflexible for me.

On acoustic guitar, I prefer a little more give, especially for strumming.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Dunlop 208's Pointy Jazztone The smaller picks like the Jazz III's are tough for me to hold onto.
            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Green .88 Tortex 95% of the time.
              Sometimes the Blue 1mm
              Also like the 2mm Dunlop 500 Delrin (purple) for a change of pace.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
              X