No announcement yet.

My neck hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe send the whole deal to someone versed in these kind of repairs. If you keep dinking with it you're likely going to end up with a fucked up mess. Course, it's your neck.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      I have a question about gluing the fretboard. Do you need to take any extra precautions (besides vaseline on the rod) to keep too much excess glue from dripping into the channel? I was thinking big glue drips in there might cause a mechanical blockage to mess with the action of the rod.
      Yes.
      I don't use all that much glue. There is enough gluing surface so it shouldn't
      gunk up the truss area. I also stripe a bit of vaseline down the center of the fingerboard for insurance. That's also one reason why factory gluing can come apart at the head area. Too much glue up there will get into the threads.
      But, that being said, it doesn't adhere all that well into the metal, anyways. Titebond tends to work only on the wood portions.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
        Maybe send the whole deal to someone versed in these kind of repairs. If you keep dinking with it you're likely going to end up with a fucked up mess. Course, it's your neck.

...said perfectly...

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post
          ...said perfectly...
          I volunteer straycat.

Comment

Working...
          X