No announcement yet.

floyd big block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that is fine, I put one on the JT590 on my 750XL.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
      Yes, that is fine, I put one on the JT590 on my 750XL.

Excellent, thank you!
      Mike
      ---------
      1991 Dinky - Custom Shop
      Dean EVO "Special Select"
      Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
      Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Comment

I noticed that a few of you asked what size..for recessed and non-recessed trems. I don't really know what that means...do you mean a floyd bridge like the one in my IBZ J custom...which has a hole in the body cut out for it, when you say recessed?

Anyway...regardless...what I need to know is, which size to I need for the stock Floyd on the new Charvel USA Pro Mods? Would that be the 32?

I've got to new Pro Mods...I prefer my Telly, so I'm going to wait on that one...probably upgrade the entire trem to a German made Floyd...at which point, I might pick up a titanium Big Block.
        But for now, I want to upgrade the stock Korean made trem on my San Dimas HSS. I've never worked on Floyd trems, so it'll be an experience...but I'm gonna go for it. Floydupgrades.com has some pretty good instructional videos. Couple quick questions in addition to my size question above. I noticed he installed the trem block to make installation easier. In his first video, he installed it...but he didn't show how it was installed? Did he have to drive screws into the body of the guitar to hold the L shaped bracket?
        Then the other question I have is...when he intonated the guitar after all the work was done, and then he wanted to make it float again, he tuned the A string by adjusting the bridge screw/s. From the video, it looks like he was only adjusting one screw...but my question is, aren't those screws supposed to be screwed in equal distance. I hope I'm explaining this, so at least someone will know what I'm asking

Thanks for your replies....I'm kinda psyched about putting one of these in...if not for anything else, I want an excuse to take apart a floyd and learn how to re-install and intonate. I've also read a lot of reviews...and many say the brass Big Blocks really do make a difference in sustain. They're only 30-45 bucks, so what's the worst that could happen.

Thanks again.
        Todd M

Comment

So many questions:

1. what size block. Answer - same size as the one that's in there already. Put a ruler up against it and you'll get your answer.
          2. should the fine tuner wheels all be at the same height. Answer: No, of course not - they're used to fine tune each string so why would they need to be same height - you don't have the tuners on the headstock all facing the same way, do you?
          3. what's the worst that could happen. Answer: you'll be back on here asking more stuff, but don't worry, we're always here!

I wish more people would ask, or even better, just try stuff out as you're doing, it's the best way to get on. Working on guitars is easy, and whilst it's good to have the Internet at your disposal, there's a lot of misinformation out there. And note that's "a lot", not "alot" - which is not and has never been a single word, despite 90% of Internet users thinking otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommie View Post
            So many questions:

1. what size block. Answer - same size as the one that's in there already. Put a ruler up against it and you'll get your answer.
            Why not go with a larger block if it fits? That's Adam's advice....
            I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Two questions:

1) Can you use these with a JT6, and which is the right size?
              2) Which is the right size for a recessed OFR?
              Axewielder,

This ebay seller makes them for the JT-6

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-JT-6-flo...item439e48cd90

Comment

That's who I got mine for the JT580LP from. I can't give an comparison as I didn't play it before I got the big block but it plays awesome!!
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                X