Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1- no
    2- 32mm
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I am currently building seven of them myself.... I ordered a 12" long piece of Brass Bar Stock and I cut it into seven 37 mm blocks, next step is to drill and tap the Floyd mountin screws, all of them will be set-up for an Original Floyd, I planned using all of them myself, but I may be willing to start selling them as well. I have several Charvies set up with them and I love the difference..... I have access to all of the milling equipement that I need as well as a CNC Machine.

Shibs
      Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
        1- no
        2- 32mm
        1 - thanks!
        2 - alrighty then!

Comment

Well, has anyone put one on a jt580 or 590?

Comment

looks like he has the 32mm big blocks available now, I think I'll get some. And noticed there is an L shaped 37mm block for added mass......

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
              I'm trying to locate some platinum as we speak. I don't know how well it will do with the machining tooling however. At least if I can do it, I can maintain my reputation!
              ******* Should only run you about $2800.00 for it !!

Comment

There are recessed trems and non-recessed trems (2 options) but there are 3 block heights. Which size block is for which application? There is 42 mm, 37 mm, and 32 mm.........

Comment

42 is non recessed. Some recessed trems can use both 37 and 32 but 32 is generally the one for fully recessed floyds. If you have an OFR or Schaller it will have it written on it, or you can just measure it if you're not sure which you need.

Comment

bugger it, I just ordered 4 of the 32mm blocks, can't wait. I was going to get maybe two, but it just worked out cheaper to get four, which will do for now. I will probably have to end up putting one in all my Floyded guitars, damn, damn, damn....

Comment

I wonder what the upcharge would be for those titanium saddles and the bgi block on an order from Jackson Custom Shop... can that stuff be plated black?

Comment

Your best bet would be to supply those parts yourself and send them to the Custom Shop.

Comment

Has anyone tried or is anyone using a Tremol-No with these aftermarket blocks?

Comment

Kevan's (Tremol-No inventor) answer:

http://www.tremol-no.com/forums/show...ight=big+block

Comment

I was just browsing on their site and was looking at the titanium Floyd saddles... $795!!!!!

http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=181

That costs nearly as much as my USA Soloist.

The brass sustain blocks are interesting though.

Interestingly, as I was considering the titanium sustain block, I was under the impression that titanium was considered a "lightweight" metal. Strong, but lightweight nonetheless. Funny how that goes with their mass=sustain selling point.

EDIT: Where is the cheapest place I can get a brass sustain block in 42mm non-recessed size for OFR? FloydUpgrades.com? His eBay account? A machinist on the JCF? Thanks.

EDIT #2: How do I replace the stock sustain block on my OFR? Never had to take it apart before. Thanks!

EDIT #3: Phil Collen has these on at least one of his Jackson PC1s. How bitchin' would it be if Jackson started using these standard on all their PC1s, or better yet, ALL USA Selects?!

EDIT #4: Because these big blocks are about twice as thick as the stock sustain blocks, do you guys still get the same amount of range with divebombing and pulling up on the Floyd, or does the big block bump into the trem cavity and limit the range?
                              Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 04-26-2008, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Adam's the guy who had some titaniul saddles for sale recently.

This could go on until there is a complete titanium floyd including the string blocks... Mighty expensive but it would be fun to try
                                http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Working...
                                X