No announcement yet.

floyd big block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a good source for brass, so Im gonna order enough to make a few... just to see how it goes from there .
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I noticed Wayne guitars is putting them on some of the new models. Interesting.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

what company makes them? and where could I buy these things?

btw. is it harder to wank with the whammy bar as the block is heavier?
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hmmm I could use some more sustain out of my strat

Comment

You can find them on Ebay...or there's a few independent manufacturers that make them...

http://www.frankenstraat.com/product...php?prodid=181

There's a link for a 42mm version...though I ended up using 37mm ones in both of my guitars with recessed Floyds...

...I noticed a ever-so SLIGHT increase in the stiffness of the bar action due to the increased resistance of the heavier block...nothing you couldn't live with, I'd bet. It's not bothering me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
              You can find them on Ebay...or there's a few independent manufacturers that make them...

http://www.frankenstraat.com/product...php?prodid=181

There's a link for a 42mm version...though I ended up using 37mm ones in both of my guitars with recessed Floyds...

...I noticed a ever-so SLIGHT increase in the stiffness of the bar action due to the increased resistance of the heavier block...nothing you couldn't live with, I'd bet. It's not bothering me at all.
              cool, thanks dude
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Anytime.

Comment

This is the guy I got my two Ebay Big Block scores from, looks like he's also set up his own site now... you guys should check it out:

http://www.floydupgrades.com/

Adam's a cool guy. Check out the Titanium Big Block...$450! Wonder what that sounds like?
                  Last edited by jhale667; 02-04-2008, 08:19 PM.

Comment

DU Blocks!!

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    I'm going to make one myself out of depleted uranium. Now THAT will have some frickin sustain.
                    LMAO...don't know how I missed that one first time around...the "DU Block"( you HAVE to market it as that, btw -my sides, too funny)...only problem I foresee (besides residual radioactivity) would be power-chords punching holes through walls and whatnot...the Defense Department would probably be interested in that, you might get a hefty no-bid contract...lol

At any rate, I gave Adam a link to this thread...maybe he'll pop in and give some more specific technical advice/info on them....(the brass and titanium ones, that is...hahaha)
                    Last edited by jhale667; 02-04-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Cool! I'm still waiting for him to make the 32mm blocks. He said he was going to make a run of them. There's no way for me to fit a 37mm with the low action I have and having a recessed Floyd and back plate. I have one Floyd in which I did the Dan Erlewine trick and filed grooves in the block to lower the springs. Too much work!
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have them in a few of my guitars and the difference is unbelievable! I am slowly changing all of my blocks over to the big blocks. Once you have a big block, you'll never go back! I was tempted to make them myself but now they are cheap enough and if you get them from Adam at www.Floydupgrades.com they are made from the good bell brass and that makes a difference too! I am also seriously thinking about getting one of their Titanium blocks. Apparently they are the bomb (or the dive bomb in this case). When I end up getting one, I will post a review of it and let you know how good it is.

Comment

Originally posted by boogiebodies View Post
                          I have them in a few of my guitars and the difference is unbelievable! I am slowly changing all of my blocks over to the big blocks. Once you have a big block, you'll never go back!
                          I feel exactly the same way, and am doing the same currently. what a difference.

I am also seriously thinking about getting one of their Titanium blocks. Apparently they are the bomb (or the dive bomb in this case). When I end up getting one, I will post a review of it and let you know how good it is.
                          That's too rich for my blood right now, but I'd looooove to hear one. If the Bell Brass is that drastic, titanium could be .....

Comment

Alright, I've switched all my Floyd'ed guitars (recessed and non) over to the Big Blocks, and I am not going back...they all sound frighteningly, astonishingly better than before....I am a convert. The old blocks are now paper-weights.

Check it out, Adam's having a sale on the titanium ones...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Floyd-Rose-TITAN...QQcmdZViewItem

Somebody buy/try one of these and post a review already.... The suspense is killing me...lol.

Comment

I bolted up a 42mm floydupgrades block to my original Kramer Focus 2000 non-fine tuning Floyd. I was hightly impressed and would purchase again.
                              Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Two questions:

1) Can you use these with a JT6, and which is the right size?
                                2) Which is the right size for a recessed OFR?
                                _________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X