Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd swap & Tremol-No- Can I do this myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    Alignment issues for bolt-on necks are easily resolved by loosening the neck bolt and giving it a gentle tug in the right direction and the re tighten.
    +1 I read the part about the alignment issue. It is a easy fix. The Floyd swap is easy as well, but I dont think it it will solve your alignment problem. Once you spend some time playing with Floyds it will all make sense. Keep in mind it is just a balancing act between the strings and the springs, like a see saw. When you change strings try to keep to the same gauge so you dont have to keep adjusting you springs.
    Just my 2 cents
    Scott
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

This is why I only use OFRs....

I am interested to check out a Tremol-No, however...
      Last edited by jhale667; 01-26-2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

One comment on the Tremol-No...It made the "balancing act" a TON easier. I was struggling with it, too far up, too far down, going nuts. So finally, when the trem was being pulled too far down by the springs, I pushed the trem arm DOWN to the "perfect" parallel float and locked it.

Then I tuned the guitar perfectly while the trem was locked- Now I knew by doing that one variable was correct- when the trem went back to float, it would be in tune, and more importantly, the string tension would be correct.

Then I unlocked the Tremol-No. Immediately, of course, the bridge went out of perfect float- but now I just had to slowly, slowly adjust the claw screws to get it right back to where I wanted it, and lo and behold, the tuning was near perfect.

One word of caution- make sure you do a little turn on one screw, a little on the other. Otherwise the tremol-no, which doesn't have as much "side to side" slack as a spring (obviously) can pop loose, or I imagine even break.

Vass

Comment

Working...
        X