Alright, now what am I missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/cat...ringresources/
    This site should help you find the problem.

Comment

That's a good site--thanks!

According to the diagrams there, though, I'm doing it right

I dunno. I busted the join to connect the hot wire from the bridge pickup to the switch. Maybe that's the problem--I should get a new switch.

Comment

Glad it help.

Comment

The Sperzels need to have the holes enlarged slightly. Schaller locking tuners Will fit right in without modifiation. The little pins on the under side of the Sperzels are there so the tuners don't spin in thier holes. The Schallers have 2 pins that are molded into the badd of the tuner and it just takes a bit of torque to get the seated. Or you can counter sink the holes for a better tighter git. Sometimes the Post can break off if your not carefull. But even tho some have removed the pins on the Sperzels with some success. I dont recomend it. They are there for a reason. You can leave the claw and the springs in place. And just solder the bridge ground to the claw again. If yo remove the springs but leave the claw and solder the ground to the claw. The ground is ineffective cus there is nothing connecting the ground to the strings, bridge etc. So just leave it all together. It wont hurt anything if you do. it will also keep the claw from rattling around in the cavity.
          Gil

Comment

Thanks, Jacksonfreak. I've got the grounding/pickup issues all taken care of. All I can say, is this combination is HOT. They nearly blew up my practice amp.

My tuners haven't arrived at the shop yet, but I'm eagerly awaiting them. I'll ready my tools to enlarge the holes.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
              The little pins on the under side of the Sperzels are there so the tuners don't spin in thier holes.
              No, you don't need the little pins. They won't spin in their holes after you tighten the nuts.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X