Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACKS0NESP View Post

How is this?
    He's saying that the lower your action is, the more critical the neck relief (truss adjustment) becomes. When you change tunings (and thus the string tension) & the neck responds, string buzz will crop up much easier than if you have higher action. With higher action, you may be able to get away with a change in string tension without string buzz.

Bottom line, I'm with the others who recommend different guitars for different tunings. If you want to do it with one guitar and one string gauge, you'll probably have to make compromises (ie higher action than you prefer, or constantly having to tweak the setup) in order to make it work.
    Last edited by dg; 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

What everyone said above is right. The only thing that you should need to adjust is the intonation, and even that could be left alone unless you're noticing major tuning problems in the upper frets.
      Scott

Comment

^^True...I guess I had a brain fart. :P
        ^That's what I was thinking.

Anyway, this guitar isin't going to be a live guitar, as I'm not even in a band anyway. Therefore, I'm not too worried about intonation, etc...just serious problems, which look like there won't be any(as I was originally thinking).

Comment

Working...
        X