No announcement yet.

2-3/16" heel Rhoads???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what good is this thread without pics?

Mmmmmmm... flamey! You can easily tell the top from the body wood:
    Last edited by RobRR; 01-12-2008, 10:22 PM.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Go with a nice birdseye Warmoth neck!

Comment

I would but the fuckers are WAY too expensive. Id end up with a $500+ neck on a $100 body. No way thats happening. A Jackson style headstock, standard maple/ebony, w/ floyd nut and MOP dots, bound, and laminated headstock veneer painted to match would be $529. Thats just insane, I dont care how nice it is. Hell, even Musikraft arent even that expensive with ALOT of nice options.
        Last edited by RobRR; 01-13-2008, 04:25 AM.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
          Cedro is indeed a dark colored wood, but you should be able to tell from the smell if it's cedro or not.
          Does it smell of curry?
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

grab one of the mighty mite jackson style necks; they're 2 3/16ths.

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            I would but the fuckers are WAY too expensive. Id end up with a $500+ neck on a $100 body. No way thats happening. A Jackson style headstock, standard maple/ebony, w/ floyd nut and MOP dots, bound, and laminated headstock veneer painted to match would be $529. Thats just insane, I dont care how nice it is. Hell, even Musikraft arent even that expensive with ALOT of nice options.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I was thinking of that... but the plastic inlays and no binding just doesent do it for me. I have seen bound ones, but only in 24 fret, so I dont know whats up with that. Ill just end up building the one I want... I REALLY want dots/binding so I think once I move to the new house and have a nice sized garage, Ill be able to take on some bigger projects.

Comment

Working...
              X