No announcement yet.

Floyd Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a local mom and pop guitar shop re-post a bunch of my old JACKSON POSTs. Once I SUPER-GLUED and it leaked into the POST and I couldn't move it.

The guitar guys 'heated' the POST with a soldering gun and loosend the SUPER-GLUED POST.

Don't try this at home. Plus these guitars I fixed were pretty beat-up. Take it to a pro, you'll be glad you did. SUPER-GLUE can be dangerous.

ps- try playing LEAD when you fingers are stuck.
    JvicE

Comment

Super glue if spilled on the finish will destroy the finsh. So be carefull when using it. Maybe put something over the top of the guitar forst in case of an accident. I ruined the finish on a strat whith super glue. It ate right throught the ploy clear coat in about 30 seconds. Left a nice divit in the finish.
      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
        Super glue if spilled on the finish will destroy the finsh. So be carefull when using it. Maybe put something over the top of the guitar forst in case of an accident. I ruined the finish on a strat whith super glue. It ate right throught the ploy clear coat in about 30 seconds. Left a nice divit in the finish.
        Gil
        Yeah, another reason I like wood glue,..simple clean up of drips with a damp paper towel.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Hi mustaine-who?,
          I had the same problem a few months ago and used Devcon Steel epoxy to glue the post back in (as the posts were pushed in and loose ).
          After I finished the posts were solid and I have not had any problems.
          I would stay away from super glue for the reasons mentioned above.
          Best

Comment

Working...
          X