Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like FMIC lawyers have been busy again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no fan of greedy corporations either, but in this case I'd argue FMIC did the right thing. It's their copyrighted logo, period.

Now, it would be interesting to see if FMIC plans to sell official replacement logos...

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
      Now, it would be interesting to see if FMIC plans to sell official replacement logos...
      That would be ok but I highly doubt it will happen. They still won't be able to control what the logo is going on, i.e., some non-Fender POS that a seller claims to be a Fender.
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
        That would be ok but I highly doubt it will happen. They still won't be able to control what the logo is going on, i.e., some non-Fender POS that a seller claims to be a Fender.
        I agree completely.
        I understand their reasoning behind it... it still sucks though.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
          Man that sucks! I have a red Jackson logo I got from them for my demon project that I never used. You use to see them on eBay all day but they stopped that long time ago.
          If you wanna sell it I'm your man !

Comment

A few years back I bought a Genuine Fender Precision replacement bass neck for my '64 Precision bass. It came with just the "Spagetti" script Fender logo. I called Customer Service and asked them why there was no "Precision" under the Fender logo. They said, "we don't know what guitar body this neck will be going on?"
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Lookout - next they will be going after tone knobs and volume knobs, cause some guy may want to buy just a tone knob and put it on his volume pot... that might be a patentable idea!
              Oh...er... nevermind !

Comment

I have been on the sight lately and noticed this as well.
                Does anyone else sell the logo's?

Comment

Working...
                X