Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever have their inlays changed successfully?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtr View Post
    Why not sell the Carvin you have and order one with the inlays you want. It'll probably cost you less that way.

Actually it wouldn't... I'd only get MAYBE $600 for the Carvin and have to pay about $1K for a new one. Besides the fact that the scale length and neck radius is different on the newer ones. I found somebody local that would do it for $100 plus the cost of the inlays (about $50). Now, my only problem is what do I do about the 24th fret dots?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
      Now, my only problem is what do I do about the 24th fret dots?
      Ever heard of permanent markers?
      Sam

Comment

I have had new inlays installed on a couple of my Jacksons. I started with white plastic dots and changed to gold MOP dots with blocks at the 12th/24th frets on one, and green abalone dots and split blocks at the 12th/24th on another. A third one was sold, but used the same "theme" of dots and blocks.
        I think I paid around $200-250 per job.

Here is the green abalone version:

sigpic

Comment

Well, I picked up a set of 10 MOP pieces that are 2 x 2 x 0.06 inch on eBay today. Not too bad at less than $60.00 shipped from Australia. I figure that there ought to be enough material that I can pick some choice areas to cut the inlays from.

When I get it going, I will post pics of the work so you all can laugh at me...lol!

:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
          X