Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in!!!
    I am really excited about this one!
    Thanks to slash for agreeing to make these.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson/Charvelfan View Post
      I'm in!!!
      I am really excited about this one!
      Thanks to slash for agreeing to make these.
      I ordered mine. Who else? By Spring, I'll have 3 versions of the Green Meanie completed. Everyone will be Green with envy:ROTF:

What am I nuts! Yep! Go Slash!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Is anyone else going to order one of these?
        I would think as much as everyone starts threads about Green Meanies more people would be placing orders.

Hey Bengal65,
        What neck are you gioing to use on this one?
        I am going to use my Jackson woodburn maple strathead.
        For pickups I am going to use Dimarzio Breed's.
        I don't see in Dimarzio's catalog if they offer a single to match the humbuckers.
        I wounder how the EVO will sound if I can't get a breed single.

Comment

Hey Bengal65,
          What neck are you gioing to use on this one?
          I am going to use my Jackson woodburn maple strathead.
          For pickups I am going to use Dimarzio Breed's.
          I don't see in Dimarzio's catalog if they offer a single to match the humbuckers.
          I wounder how the EVO will sound if I can't get a breed single.
          I'm going with a Red DiMarzio Breed in the bridge, a White DiMarzio HS-2 in the middle, and a Pink DiMarzio Evo in the neck position on this one. The switch and pots are from RS (Superpots). Wiring to the jack is Belden insulated shielded wire.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i've really come to love the RS Superpots and capacitors. wow they just make it sound great.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
              i've really come to love the RS Superpots and capacitors. wow they just make it sound great.
              I've been wondering - what are the terms of the RS referral program? Do they send cash or parts?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                I've been wondering - what are the terms of the RS referral program? Do they send cash or parts?
                They did drop their prices around Thanksgiving! Their sales have gone way up this past year, so the special order designs to CTS enable to purchase more volume, hence the price reduction is shared with the purchaser.

Comment

I over relic'd her and took all the paint off! No, not really, she's ready for the paint booth.

Well, she's ready for paint! Not without a lot of work though. The Chris Woods body had to be worked on quite a bit to get her perfect. The white stuff in the pics is grain filler. I don't usually use grain filler on Alder, but I think Mr. Woods uses a Belt Sander with 60 grit instead of a planner to prep the body blank So, instead of sanding for hours, I used the grain filler for the worst scratches. Also, the trem claw screw holes were drilled at the wrong angle for a recessed trem cover. (Even though the body was supplied with a recessed rout) So, no worries, they were plugged and redrilled to the correct angle. In addition, the middle single coil rout in the body was too small. The rout is a traditional Strat rout (No swimming pool). So, having my "Handy Dandy" Stew Mac templates on hand, I routed the opening to the correct size. The pickguard he supplies sucks as well, so into the trash it goes. I used a Warmoth 0.090" blank in Gloss Black and routed to the way I wanted.

I finished mocking the Meanie up, and she sounds quite awesome right now. Now, I have to decide if I want the claw in "Pink" with my 4 stage Green Candy/ Blue Pearl paint job? Oh, yeah, the headstock and tuner buttons will match the body also.
                  Enjoy!

Comment

Look's great Bengal65.
                    Now the Green Meanie GAS is getting bad.
                    I can't wait!
                    I hope we get our body's soon for the next one!

Comment

Thanks, it was mucho work up to this point. Yep, I think the next project will be more straight forward. This thing sounds great as is, but it needs paint! I'm leaning more towards, Lochness Green, the Fluorecent variety. This thing just feels like it needs to be bright green to set off the pink claw and the Pups!
                      Last edited by Bengal65; 12-23-2007, 11:19 PM.

Comment

So Bengal65,
                        You are building one of these also?
                        Sounds cool.
                        When are you going to show us this build?

Comment

So Bengal65,
                          You are building one of these also?
                          Sounds cool.
                          When are you going to show us this build?

Yep! The neck order got screwed up So, I waiting another 4 weeks (should be here in the next 2 weeks, I hope). The body will go into paint soon. I believe the finish closest to the original is "Honeyburst". I have everything ready to go. I just need the neck and the body painted.
                          Last edited by Bengal65; 12-31-2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Hey Bengal65,
                            Who made the body?
                            What neck are you going to use?

Comment

Hey Bengal65,
                              Who made the body?
                              What neck are you going to use?
                              My buddy Jim at Musikraft. I had to do a little coaching just short of going there:ROTF: The neck, is the same as my other one (Musikraft). I had them clone one of my Charvel necks in premium birdseye maple. (Basically it's the custom thin) I think it's the .750"-.850".

The next one will be a Mojo Bodies. More Green!

Comment

Sounds cool!
                                Let the Mojo begin!
                                I can't wait to get my Green Meanie going.

Comment

Working...
                                X