No announcement yet.

I'm Building A Green Meanie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The body is in and the neck is oiled up. The pickguard is the wrong color and the guy drilled the pickup height holes in the wrong place and the spacing is off. Another pickguard in black will replace this one with hopefully the correct dimensioned holes. At least I can get the neck fitted up and get ready for paint. Off to work, work, work!

Oh yea, the body is super ultra light Alder grown in a super light atmosphere. It almost floats
    Last edited by Bengal65; 12-11-2007, 10:34 PM.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

For some reason that looks like a RG body shape with modified horns. Maybe it's just because the forearm contour is the same as an RG but it looks like a modified RG to my eyes. Anyway I'm sure it will look cool and kick *ss when you are finished with it.

Comment

The cavity and claw routing is like an RG/JEM. The other dimensions fall in place.
        Denny, if you could do these claw routings, I'd go with your product for this style guitar. I'm not real impressed with Chris Woods' work.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Denny,
          I would also be interested in buying a Green Meanie body.
          Do you want to make a run of these as I am sure there is enough interest?

Comment

I'd definitely go for one. I'd make this one Desert Yellow with a pink claw!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
              What is this?
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                What is this?
                That's a Patrick Sims custom. He started out just painting, but is now building his own line of guitars now. www.simscustomshop.com I don't think I will be going with him on the painting. The wait time is 8-12 months. He's gotten way to big to handle all the orders now. I'll probably do it myself, although I quit painting 2 years ago

Comment

"Oh yea, the body is super ultra light Alder grown in a super light atmosphere. It almost floats."

If you ordered it from the Charvel Custom Shop, it's actually balsa wood. Remember, lightweight alder is non-existant!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson/Charvelfan View Post
                    Denny,
                    I would also be interested in buying a Green Meanie body.
                    Do you want to make a run of these as I am sure there is enough interest?
                    If there is enough interest in it I would consider doing it.

Comment

There also might be more interest in the less complicated trem rout like Hippie Tim's GMW. (that one really represents the early Green Meanie) That way you only need a ball end router bit and a jig for 6 places centered with the string lock bolts on a Original Floyd. I know I'd be interested in either method. I'm guessing the best way to do the recessed is with CNC, but I don't know if you are setup for that. Just an idea!

Also, those folks over on the JEM board probably would jump to build a Green Meanie. So, there is more potential volume.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                        "Oh yea, the body is super ultra light Alder grown in a super light atmosphere. It almost floats."

If you ordered it from the Charvel Custom Shop, it's actually balsa wood. Remember, lightweight alder is non-existant!
                        :ROTF: I figured you'd like my description.

Comment

Just saw Tim's and I can do that one. I don't use CNC's so the modern claw is pretty labor intesive to do by hand. Anyone interested in one just let me know.

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                          There also might be more interest in the less complicated trem rout like Hippie Tim's GMW. (that one really represents the early Green Meanie) That way you only need a ball end router bit and a jig for 6 places centered with the string lock bolts on a Original Floyd. I know I'd be interested in either method. I'm guessing the best way to do the recessed is with CNC, but I don't know if you are setup for that. Just an idea!

Also, those folks over on the JEM board probably would jump to build a Green Meanie. So, there is more potential volume.

Comment

I just sent you an email! Maybe I'm the first in line I've gone Green crazy

Comment

I have gone green crazy also.

Slash I just sent an email to the [email protected] address.
                              I hope I am second in line!
                              Man GAS is bad!

Comment

Emails replied too...

Comment

Working...
                                X