X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too. Make it nice and shiney.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Ok, sounding good. I was leaning with the new pristine candy green finish with the blue pearl in it. If you look at the green from a different angle it appears to have a light blue hue. Then directly a true candy pearl green. definitely not a finish to relic. Krylon maybe, but not this finish
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Some day, I'll get mine done. the body's finished. I just gotta sand and buff it out, get a neck and assemble. Hey, at least the paint will be well dried!
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I'd say go new...then its no biggie if its gets banged around create your very own battle scars instead of copying someone elses
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I like the green from Steve's orginal guitar.
            I agree with everyone else on the relic look there are to many guitars out there with fake mojo create your own.

Comment

So Bengal65,
              I have been waiting for more on this one.
              Have you painted the Green Meanie yet?
              Who made the body?
              What neck are you going to use?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson/Charvelfan View Post
                So Bengal65,
                I have been waiting for more on this one.
                Have you painted the Green Meanie yet?
                Who made the body?
                What neck are you going to use?
                I have been waiting 2 months for the body! It was supposed to be shipped then also. The body was made by Christopher Woods and was just shipped. (I'm waiting for Tuesday (taps foot) It will go to Sims Customs after I do my assembly mockup and recessed trem cavity which I will rout. I'll have to wait prolly another 6 months for paint. I may go with Marty Bell. He's more expensive, but like a 5-7 day turnaround.

As for the neck A $350 extreme birdseye/flame masterpiece Charvel style neck from Musikraft. I'm oiling it up right now (in between coats). Stay tuned for more developments! This will be even more kickass than I thought. It will have the black pickguard and painted matching headstock.
                I also have a pre-Green Meanie (the original "honeyburst") in the works as well.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Bengal65,
                  Sounds cool!!!!!!!!
                  Can't wait to see it.
                  I hope it comes out as good as you would like it to.
                  I have been thininking of building one of these for myself from vintage parts if I can find them.
                  Well good luck.

Comment

Cool project bro! Please don't make it look old before it actually IS old!
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                      Cool project bro! Please don't make it look old before it actually IS old!
                      Don't worry Mark, it's going to be a first rate finish. I'm going with HOK Candy Green with a little of Floresence and some small blue pearl additive. I'd do it myself, but I tore my homemade booth down. I need about $5K for a down draft booth

It will hopefully stay pristine as I don't play out anymore. I just circle myself with guitars, play and pretend I'm a roadie in my home studio

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post

It will hopefully stay pristine as I don't play out anymore. I just circle myself with guitars, play and pretend I'm a roadie in my home studio
                        Hey, I kinda do the same thing!
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Nice!!!
                          Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
                          Jackson "Phobia" King-V
                          BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
                          SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
                          Laney TF300
                          Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Nice Bengal...can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Comment

new paint, no clear-coat, that way it wears, and pretty quickly, but wont have that "fake relic" look
                              Out Of Ideas

Comment

The body will be in tomorrow along with a matching white pickguard for mockup purposes. I have a black one ordered. (I have to please Neilli )

I'll start my pre-assembly and take some pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X