No announcement yet.

CS Dinky Input Jack Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take it from colege droopout kids, stay in scool.
    it will dooble or even quintraple yore ernings!

Comment

Seriously, folks, I'm 43 and still do continuing education...it's on the comapny dime. I'm always amazed how many people don't take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        LOL Looks like you won't be getting into any college "in particular" either. :ROTF:
        I trusted the spell checker. My fault. At least I know what it means.
        Last edited by Holy Diver; 10-13-2007, 06:01 AM.
        "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Now this is funny. I guess I started a trend. :ROTF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxMJhR74gpU

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
            Where do you guys think is the best place for an input jack on a CS DInky? On the side of the guitar, where it is most often put or somewhere else? I was thinking on top like a strat, but I don't know. I want a Maple top so I don't know if that would look good.
            I've always found bottom-edge-mounted "typical Jackson" placement somewhat bothersome, especially if you're not using a right-angle cord.

Being a Custom Shop, I'd see about mounting a recessed and angled jack on the edge near the rear strap pin, about halfway between the bottom curve and the pin.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              I've always found bottom-edge-mounted "typical Jackson" placement somewhat bothersome, especially if you're not using a right-angle cord.

Being a Custom Shop, I'd see about mounting a recessed and angled jack on the edge near the rear strap pin, about halfway between the bottom curve and the pin.
              I would think that might get in the way when sitting down. I kind of play the guitar sitting in a classical position. Maybe I should just stick with angled cords. I guess the problem is not as bad as I thought.
              Last edited by Holy Diver; 10-17-2007, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X