Floyd or Schaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String thru, heh
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Check out the gotoh Floyd too, has angled back fine tuners a tension adjustable arm holder, and a brass block, it also feels a bit smoother than the OFR and schaller fr's...

The non schaller german made OFR's are ping ones and most people here seem to agree they aren't as good even though they have the Floyd rose logo...

these will have a small ping logo under the arm hodler, german OFR's can be scored from warmoth easy enough....

t's up to you which one you choose some peope prefer the looks of the OFR which I understand it looks more symetrical and ergonomic while the schallers look a bit stubby...

Comment

One advantage is that the Schaller & Gotoh Floyds have a 14' radius at the nut and bridge, which means they should match up a bit better than the OFR (10' radius) on a lot of guitars.

I think the differences have been well-discussed in this thread, but it seems that all three are good units despite their quirks.
        Last edited by HiOctane; 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM.
        GM,
        www.aftershok.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I have the option to go with a Gotoh so I am taking it.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
            .... isn't the schaller a "licensed under" floyd rose type bridge? unless you mean kahler...
            Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            Any Floyd-type trem that isn't an original FR product, will be "Licensed under Floyd Rose patents".
            Yes, even though Schaller makes the Original Floyd Rose in their factory, they also make their own licensed version of it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

for me its a coin toss, that's how im gonna decide it on my Kramer project Im doing, I like the tension of a Floyd as oppsed to say a Jackson Lo-Pro bridge, it seems like it moves very smooth
              Out Of Ideas

Comment

It doesn't really matter. OFR is slightly brighter tone, so go with that. Schaller is kinda mute.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                  Kahler...
                  DITTO!!
                  I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                  X