Strange sounding Bridge Hum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strange sounding Bridge Hum

Try resoldering them and let us know if that fixes the problem.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The same thing was happening with my Jackson dinky (low output). It turned out to be a break in the wire where the pickup lead was bent to fit the cavity.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeNo:
        it's a righty indeed, whats strange about the direction of the wires? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        i noticed the ground wires of the hum almost seem to come loose, can this cause the lack of output? i'll try to solder it again
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nothing's wrong with them. Perhaps delt didn't take a more detailed look.
        Desolder them, wipe that solder down and make a clean and nice one on the case of the volume pot. That's what I would do.
        Before you make a new solder there, take your stanley or razor blade and scratch that grey surface down a bit, so you'll get better grip for solder and better surface for signal.

Comment

Have you guys tried my advice?
          You really should...

Comment

Just to interject, when I got my 85 Rhoads Custom, I had the same problem, and the bridge pickup in it was indeed broken, so that is a very real possibility.

Comment

i have a seymour duncan full shred, and it's defective.... one of the coils gives an extremely low, hardly audible output. tested this by connecting the pickup directly to my gt-3 and holding a tuning fork next to the coils.

i took it apart and checked the impedances directly at the coil leads, one of them gives its regular 7 Kohms, the other one (the one that gives no output) measures around 1500K.

can't see anything else than a broken coil....... =(
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

i called the local tech today....and it takes them up to two weeks [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] so i guess i'll take a look myself first, thanks for all your replies, i'll try some of the options

Comment

Seymour Duncan has schematics on thier web site. Duncan Website

Comment

Comment

thanks...now ive first gotto get me some good soldering gear, since the one i have now is 10 watt or something and takes for ever to warm up and to melt something..
                      what do you guys recommend?

Comment

Weller.

/Henrik
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                        X