No turning back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No turning back!

Looks like you're doing a great job. Very cool project.

Comment

Just a fully stripped body for you to see. As you can see the body is made from 5 pieces of wood. I haven't done much work lately on the project, but hopefully things will speed up soon. Later.

Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Looking good! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Now, anymore pics of the cat? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, why the hell not! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've got 1 zillion pics of that dude anyway. Watch out!

Henrik

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks, made my day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Gotta love those pics when you catch them cleaning themselves. Got a few of my cats that make it look like they are roaring. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh man.

Thats beautiful.

/me wants to do project now

Comment

Awesome work, man. Makes me want to go burn my ugly-assed projects. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nice cat, too.

Keith
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

WOW, I got to keep my eye on this.
                  Looks good dude.

Comment

I can't wait to see how the patch turns out when painted. Looks like a great job.

I notice that the set-neck also has the screws in the extended tenon. Apparently this is done commonly by Japanese manufacturers, I assume to help hold the neck in place while the glue dries. I have 3 set-neck Aria Pro II CS400s that have the same type of neck joint.

I wonder if any American manufacturers ever did this. Anyone know?
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Just a tiny update. I cut the hole for the volume and the mounting holes and slot for the 5-way switch. I listened to what zeegler & Model 88 suggested earlier regarding cutting the slot. Partly. I drilled lots of small holes forming a line and used a couple of small files and a self made file to complete the slot. When the superswitch arrives i will make the final filing - the slot is not 100% finished yet. But it worked out perfectly! It just takes a lot of time.

Once again i had entertaining company from Little Martin. I tried teasing him by covering him in gravel but he just looked at me, thinking: -Is that all you can come up with? Shesh...

Henrik

Comment

I have to agree with the other guys, it looks like you're doing a fantastic job! It seems like a very fun project indeed! Good luck with the rest of it! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Looking forward to seeing the finished guitar!

Anders
                        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

And i just cannot understand how i could have missed this thread! Hadn't seen it until now! Well, better late than never!

Anders
                          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Again, its looking better and better. Interesting idea for a project too! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Comment

great job so far man! granted i would have put the volume pot in front of the blade - but hey thats how you want it.

now you can start your own custom mod shop over there and get paid to do that **** for others. self employed doing something you love - can't beat it!
                              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Thanks for the interest, bro's! Your comments really makes it worth while.

Dreamland, i thought about the control layout for a long time. I wanted a very clean and simple layout and i wanted a clear area below the bridge pickup, so my picking hand wouldn't bump into some darn knob. I don't use the volume as much as i use the pup selector, so the blade got the "front seat".
                                Henrik

Comment

Working...
                                X