No turning back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: No turning back!

<font color="aqua">My jaw just dropped when the pics loaded. That came out unbelievably gorgeous!! Words can not say how great of a job you did on that Henrik, I truly mean that my friend.

Just a note of thanks for all the kind words on the parts as well, they are MUCH appreciated. Is it ok if I steel these pics for my website? They're simply beautiful!

Again, congrats on an excellent job! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

stunning, one word, stunning. except for the single in the neck (which is nicely fitted into the ring) it is one of the most beautiful rhoads I have ever seen!!!! rock on

Harrald

Comment

I am really trying to like the look of the neck single coil, but i think i have to agree with you guys, that a normal hum would look better. Thanks for being honest about it. Maybe if i had filled the neck hole and routed for a single coil with no ring.... then maybe it would have looked killer. Just like Roope's custom Jackson.

The reason for trying the single coil, is that i think there's so little wood surrounding the neck hum on a Rhoads body, that it looks a bit.... wrong. Especially with black hums on a white body. Hmmm... now i have to go look for another white hum, damn! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Luckily, i had Dave make me a spare white hum-routed ring for the neck position.

NOTP:
        I'm using my girlfriends trusty old Olympus C-700UZ. Big mutha all right. The 10x optical zoom is really the bomb. Most of my pictures are shot at 10x zoom or close to, because it brings a whole different perspective into the photo. It can squeeze a guitar into one frame and still be a pretty close-up shot. Hard to explain. Also, using 10x zoom on the Portrait Program, will make the background very un-sharp thereby creating an optical illusion of a very sharp focused object. Using 10x zoom i need to support the camera to a wall or the like and it also demands a high level of available light. So i always shoot outdoors when i can. The macro function also comes in handy, but the letdown is a somewhat distorted image (barrel). I would like to try a macro lens instead for close-up's someday.

Dave:
        Just steel away, bro! Let me know if you want bigger images or a version with no writing on the side of the ring. In fact, if you're interested i have several other pics available you might like for your site and i could easily "chease 'em up" a bit to enhance the focus of rings in the pics, LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Like this (reeeaaal cheasy):

Harrald:
        Hot Damn! I'll change to 2xhum, then! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] that is BEAUTIFUL work! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Killer looking guitar!
            Congrats!

Comment

I agree with zooming in as much as possible to squeeze in the desired shot into the frame! Here are two of my extreme closeups that I took in order to sell my KE3:

Sharp subject (the dings on the guitar), blurry background. MUCH better than going physically close to the subject and using no zoom and suffering from barrel distortion. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Sorry for the thread hijack... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Those "cheese" pictures are nice... reminds me of your RR1 shooting off into the stratosphere. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got to say you did a fantastic job. I've been checking back here for new pics of your project for a while now. It is kinda sad that it's over...but it looks incredible.

Congrats!!!

You could probably publish a book on how you did this. It would make a great coffee table book with all the pictures [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Dave:
                  Just steel away, bro! Let me know if you want bigger images or a version with no writing on the side of the ring. In fact, if you're interested i have several other pics available you might like for your site and i could easily "chease 'em up" a bit to enhance the focus of rings in the pics, LOL Like this (reeeaaal cheasy):

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I'd love to see the other pics you may, thanks. The pic of the RR cover is amazingly clear as well as the rest of the pics. I showed my wife the pics and she thought that was a "classy" touch of adding the "Thanks Dave!" on the ring so I think I'll use that one and just explain that you added that in a photoshop program [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The one's that you say are "cheesy" are very sweet but I think the pics without the "effect" show off the guitar better. How are you doing the effect if you don't mind me asking?

Again my friend, your guitar is AMAZING! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

Comment

Jeasus, i can't even spell "cheesy"! I mean Jesus! ARGH! my english is slipping! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Healp mea!

Dave:
                    Tomorrow when my ADSL is expected working again, i will go through my pics and email you some. I've deleted many of the not-so-good ones, but there's a couple that you probably haven't seen yet.
                    The effect is done in Photoshop. I have some extra plugins installed and they are fun to play with. The small pictures above has been through these manipulations:

- unsharp mask, amount 65, radius 1, threshold 0
                    - smart blur (only used sometimes), radius 2, threshold 25, quality high
                    - midnight sephia (plugin), color 20, blur 14, brightness 90

txcharvel:
                    Get outta here! I can't write a book, man [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I still consider myself a newbie in this area. Of course, i could just make a book with pictures only - like kids books haha! That i can manage.

NOTP:
                    That is a remarkeably well-maintained pair of tits on that Kelly... SORRY, TIPS! Looks like you take good care of your guitars. Or don't use 'em [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    Henrik

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The Kelly was in the same condition the last time I saw her (last weekend when I shipped her out to JCFer Flux) as when I bought her used from the music store! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I played her regularly until I had my Shannon. I tend to keep my guitars in the same condition as when I get them... they're like babies, you have to be careful! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Those aren't real MOP sharkfins on that Fernandes, are they? Still, the whole guitar compliments everything else on there.

Comment

Skoll... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] (shots of peppermint schnapps)
                        Henrik, A very FINE job!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        This was my favorite post [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        I hope to see it in person one day when I visit D.K. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        Congratulations on the new house and good luck on the house work [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        Finn [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

OH MY, thats awesome work.!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Skoll... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] (shots of peppermint schnapps)
                            Henrik, A very FINE job!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            This was my favorite post [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            I hope to see it in person one day when I visit D.K. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Congratulations on the new house and good luck on the house work [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Finn [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I'm thinking with all that schnapps, you're pretty lit by now eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                            Dave ->

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Finn man! You drunk! Oh yeah, the new house is gonna kill all the guitar fun for the next couple of months. We started out by tearing all (ALL) the interior of the house down. Now we need a totally new kitchen and two bathrooms. And floors. Man, buy a house and then tear it apart.... that actually sounds like we're stupid or something [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the comments to all of you. It's a pleasure to return to this thread and read your posts.

Yeah yeah NOTP, it's cheap plastic allright! Did you reeeally have to blow the whistle?!... heh, you know i'm kidding [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm not totally sure but i think you are right - it is not MOP.
                              Henrik

Comment

OMFG!!! All I have to say to you, your guitar and this thread is \m/ !!!!!!!!!

Great job mate! I've done some work on guitars myself, but nothing as deep.

Congrats.!

P.S *bump*

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X