Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How stock is my German OFR?

hahahahaha you guys are crazy! (: (:

> Floyd Rose (the corporation) probably focuses on advertising, product development, product placement
    > (who's guitars are the originals going on), licensing, and distribution (regardless of the claims of AP International).

AP International (apintl.com) sell the real deal OFR, right? ... how do they fit in / relate to all this? and what does the "AP" stand for?
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Keep going guys. I need all the help I can get. Thanks
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

There is nothing special about a Schaller made, screw in arm Floyd Rose. It's just a well made OFR from the mid-late 80's. I have one on an 87 Soloist but I changed the arm to a collared one as the screw in arm was floppy and lose as the plastic bush had died. The collared came in about 1989, when Schaller began producing their Floyd for many Guitar companies, they put it on thier version and the OFR. In about 91/92 they started coming out with "Floyd Rose Original" stamped on them, to differentiate them from the Pro and the newer Floyd Rose II (which was simply the Schaller Floyd with Floyd Rose stamped where Schaller or Jackon/Hamer is usually stamped). For quite a while they have been back to simply "Floyd Rose" on the OFR.

Vic

Comment

And here I thought I had an antique [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

There are tons of older Floyds with Fine Tuners that were still Made in the US, and then there were the original ones without fine tuners. I'll take a Schaller made one with collared arm.

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
              OK "Input". But, Toe,baby, we need you. Me and Jackson have already resolved our issues. Floyd wants to know. "How old am I?"
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You gotta cut it in half and count the rings...
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by delt:
                hahahahaha you guys are crazy! (: (:

&gt; Floyd Rose (the corporation) probably focuses on advertising, product development, product placement
                &gt; (who's guitars are the originals going on), licensing, and distribution (regardless of the claims of AP International).

AP International (apintl.com) sell the real deal OFR, right? ... how do they fit in / relate to all this? and what does the "AP" stand for?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AP International claims to be the distributor of Floyd Rose tremolos. However their customer service sucks chrome off of a.... well, a Floyd Rose. Honestly a stick up the ass is more helpful, you could at least point directions with it...

AP probably stands for "Absolute Pricks".
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Also could mean, "Against PayPal".
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by fett:
                    OK "Input". But, Toe,baby, we need you. Me and Jackson have already resolved our issues. Floyd wants to know. "How old am I?"
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You gotta cut it in half and count the rings... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly! Or Ed Zachary. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Fill me in on the Ed Zachary thing, seriously. Tekky has thrown it at me once before and i just know it's bad and i wish i never asked [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

/Henrik
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                        Fill me in on the Ed Zachary thing, seriously. Tekky has thrown it at me once before and i just know it's bad and i wish i never asked [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

/Henrik
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL If you were Chinese, you would probably pronounce exactly as Ed Zachary. Kinda like fa ra ra ra ra (fa la la la la). [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jackson1:

/Henrik
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL If you were Chinese, you would probably pronounce exactly as Ed Zachary. Kinda like fa ra ra ra ra (fa la la la la). [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ed Zachary!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

&gt; AP International claims to be the distributor of Floyd Rose tremolos.
                            &gt; However their customer service sucks chrome off of a.... well, a Floyd Rose.
                            &gt; Honestly a stick up the ass is more helpful, you could at least point
                            &gt; directions with it...
                            &gt;
                            &gt; AP probably stands for "Absolute Pricks".

Well, they seemed quite OK when i called them and ordered my OFR ..... provided i get a good floyd, i'll be happy with em. Should receive it any day now.
                            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I tried dealing with AP twice and each time they jacked me around. Here I was trying to give them $200 worth of business for an OFR-7 and the guy acted like he couldn't be bothered. I'll take my business elsewhere. Those ass-clowns aren't getting my money.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X