No announcement yet.

Mahogany and floyd rose question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I always forget how cool those Carvin CT´s are... I gotta get me a Floyded one of these days.

Comment

There are definitely Mahogany bodied guitar with Floyds out there. What you don't really see are mahogany necked guitars with Floyds.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
        Now THAT's gorgeous!
        Maple cap?
        Yep.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
          There are definitely Mahogany bodied guitar with Floyds out there. What you don't really see are mahogany necked guitars with Floyds.
          Except the SL2H-MAH. It has a mahogany neck and body, ebony board, and maple top too. I wonder what it sounds like?
          "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Music Zoo

I also have one of the Music Zoo SD Reissues in mahogany (with an OFR). It is one of my best sounding and playing guitars......especially now that it has an oversized brass sustain block.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
              Except the SL2H-MAH. It has a mahogany neck and body, ebony board, and maple top too. I wonder what it sounds like?
              Anyone?

Could there be any bad things about the mahogany? Ie its soft and maybe will break easier with the presure of a Floyd rose? I'm completly new to this so please don't mind the many questions

Comment

Originally posted by Wiberg View Post
                Anyone?

Could there be any bad things about the mahogany? Ie its soft and maybe will break easier with the presure of a Floyd rose? I'm completly new to this so please don't mind the many questions
                Breakage of the wood should be a non-issue if only the Floyd posts sit in metal bushings (like they normally do nowadays). I figure it may have been an issue back when Floyds used posts that screwed directly into the wood. I know that basswood guitars had problems with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiberg View Post
                  Anyone?

Link to thread for comparative densities:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=wood+density

Also have a Model 88, FR, african mahogany. Very stable.
                  And a Hamer Phantom, Honduran mahogany, has trem, but I don't use it.

Comment

Working...
                  X