Fender Squire Neck. It fits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Squire Neck. It fits.

If it's a 22-fret neck it's probably an 80s Bullet series made in Korea, as opposed to the current Bullet Series made in China. Those are 21-fret necks with plywood bodies, but the 80s Bullets had 22 frets and solid wood bodies.

Fender likes to create a little confusion
    with their series names. Even the early Squier Affinity Strats had 22 frets and solid wood bodies, though they were still made in China. I've had a couple of those '97 Affinity guitars that really weren't bad for what they were, much nicer than the current models anyway.
    Compared to my '98 Mexi-Strat the '97 Affinity had hotter pickups and the 22 fret Chinese neck was actually a bit thinner and nicer than the 21-fret Mexican neck with a Fender logo on it.
    They quickly reduced the quality of the Squiers though.

All of which is my long-winded way of saying I bet your Bullet Tele neck works out pretty well. Let us know!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: Fender Squire Neck. It fits. Man, It do!!!!

Boy, did it work. One 375 body w/electronics $85: One complete Floyd Rose $33; One Fender Bullet Squier Big Head Strat Neck w/tuners $15; One black Charvel neckplate w/screws $10 One set of strings $5. Making it play, PRICELESS (Postage not included.) I have a Charvel Strata-various. Everything pretty much strapped right on. I will have to shim the neck to lower the action. Can't go diving because there is no lock nut. If you have never tried this at home, do it. I will try and get a pic up. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Squier Necks arent that bad, its the bodies that are the problem.

Comment

C'mon Fett, where are the pics??????? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

For about the same money and a lot less time you could have bought a nice old model series Charvel. Course, it wouldn't have been near as much fun as scavenging together something! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I got a nice old Model 2 and a nice old 375. But, you are right. it was fun. Thank God, the neck was only $15.00/ [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

You go dude!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Where are the pics???
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                  X