George Lynch REH Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
    My comment wasn't directed to you. It was more of a general statement.

There are so may people trying to capture a given guitarist's sound or "tone" now-a-days. But those two aspects are controlled by a number of variables, for example: The actual person, the guitar, the effects, the amps, ect.... Not to mention just about every aspect of George Lynch's, EVH's or (your guitar God)'s gear is hot rodded/modified. You or I will never know all of the secrects, that's what makes them on top of their game.

Do I fall into this trap, dam staight. I've got the pre-pro ash body and the SD 78 model, guess who I go after.
    I got you. No problem. I do like lynch's sound, though. But man, if that is a DD pickup in that guitar of his it's a monster. What do you think it would sound like in a DK2M?
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

i think the lowerin in output had something to do with the tone he wanted. a while back i had a custom pickup made by duncan. spoke dirrectly with the guy making the pickup. the more output, the smaller the frequency response. which is why old pickups, when they get weaker sound a bit warmer.

Comment

Pickups like the Distortion were meant to "goose" the input of a tube amp to add some gain and sustain while sacrificing tone (higher output typically equates to a more focused mid range sound...less highs and lows) although the more mid-focused sound is not a sacrifice at all to many and works well for a cutting lead tone.
        As amps started having more gain on tap, players found they got a "bigger" sound from lower output pickups with a wider frequency range and more dynamic response.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          Pickups like the Distortion were meant to "goose" the input of a tube amp to add some gain and sustain while sacrificing tone (higher output typically equates to a more focused mid range sound...less highs and lows) although the more mid-focused sound is not a sacrifice at all to many and works well for a cutting lead tone.
          As amps started having more gain on tap, players found they got a "bigger" sound from lower output pickups with a wider frequency range and more dynamic response.

Very well said!

Comment

Working...
          X