Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a big difference between a J40 and a J90C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    JSC1529 what kind of serial number is that?Post a pic of the guitar and the back of the pickup.
    Yeah, when he wrote that I started wondering if maybe this is an eyesight issue. Hey, I'm about ready for reading glasses myself. Shouldn't it be a J followed by six digits?
    Last edited by dg; 09-10-2007, 01:51 PM.

Comment

He said "looks like". It's probably J301529 or J501529
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's definitely a Professional Soloist XL, I've played this guitar myself and it's a nice one (though not as nice as my '90 Pro)
        This is my brother, BTW (Slimpotatoes, that is). Great guy, tons of guitars and gear in general, and does a great setup as well. He's definitely not a kid who just got his first guitar
        Welcome aboard Dave, took you long enough! Email me some pics and I'll host and post 'em for you.

jim
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          The KV Pro is listed as a J92 as well... mine has a J80, I havent been able to find any info on the J92. Seems like there are a either a few mystery pickups or some typos.
          Rob, mine was the same way....came with a J80 which isn't a BAD pick-up but isn't as badass as a J90. I personally don't like the J92 - Too fuzzy for my taste.

The only J40 I've ever heard of is the Bass pickup....I think that is a little bit larger than a guitar humbucker, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone could have swapped it out or the factory f'd up and put it in the wrong guitar????
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Here you go, looks just like a JSC # to me , probably J301529

and here's the pickup back

and front

Here's a few of Big Dave's gits as well

and...

and finally some Jackson, PRS and 7 string action (and a new Tom Anderson I need to check out )

jim
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Nice collection!

Comment

Working...
              X