No announcement yet.

Adjusting height of pole pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the tapping better. Can you lower the pup all the way down to wood? If it bottoms out, you have a solid base. I guess. This is a neat thread.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
      Just use a piece of wooden dowel and a light hammer and tap them down.
      That's a good idea. I was thinking about maybe suggesting to try to tap them down, but I'd never heard of anyone doing that and wasn't sure if it would work.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wood dowel would be better than anything metal. You could chip off some fragments using hard tool,or slip off no less.I see some rust be careful or use a small amount of vaseline on a Q-tip before moving them.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Not sure about alnico, but one thing for sure...good luck trying to file a magnet. It's really hard material, with carbides dispersed in it. It would more than likely wear grooves in the file first, and if it did manage to grab the edge, it would chip off. Same danger when striking it. Use something soft, like wood.

I have metallurgy training, handy in the steel mill.

Comment

A wooden dowel works fine just use a light brass/plastic hammer use the brass side to tap the dowel.Do this lightly and you should be fine to hard and you will have to remove the pickup and push it back up.I have done this quite a bit.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              A wooden dowel works fine just use a light brass/plastic hammer use the brass side to tap the dowel.Do this lightly and you should be fine to hard and you will have to remove the pickup and push it back up.I have done this quite a bit.
              I tried it this way and it worked out fine.
              Thanks to all of you for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X