Duncan Hot Rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duncan Hot Rails

BM, maybe it's your ears? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can't believe that a soloist with a full set of Duncans sounds like crap? Especially since the Distortion is probably one their "all time greats". Very odd.

Comment

Through several different amps the low end is just mega-flabby. Notes run together and crap the place up.

Frankly, to me, it sounds exactly the same as a Duncan Design HB103. Flabby, flatulent, farty, and just horrible in general.

Which is why I'm pretty certain it's just the guitar it's in. I can't imagine anyone would be stupid enough to think this sounds great like it is, and I refuse to believe that there are so many that think this is a good pickup if it sounds like this so I'm led to believe it's just not right for this guitar, and neither are the Rails. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But I still think they suck. Gimme single coils in middle and neck. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If it was me and vie doen this. I wuld do a JB jr in the bridge and little 59 in neck and middle.sounds great and cleans up very well when needed.
        Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
          Maybe it's just my Soloist, but Hot/Cool Rails sound like SHIT in it. Fuckin' horrible. I have them in the neck and middle and want to puke every time I flip the switch.

Then again, I do the same with the Distortion in the bridge. It probably is just this guitar. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? That is the exact setup I have in my 650xl and it sounds amazing. I wonder why that is.

Comment

Are there any difference, since I cannot find that "b" placed by the name of the pickup? There are two types selling on ebay: bridge and middle/neck.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well?

Is there anyone that has either of these pickups and is willing to sell them internationally? Maybe Black Mariah? I'd buy both of them, Cool and Hot. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X