No announcement yet.

Help me with new pickups for a 750XL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMG`s, eh? Well, I´ve always thought that the 85 can sound massive under the right circumstances... I´ve tried a few mahogany-bodied Valley Arts (similar to the old Lukather signature) with 85´s that flat out rocked, and those could very well have been 24.75´s as well. Maybe I´ll have to dig an 85 up, and pair it with the 60 I´ve got in a box somewhere around here.

Comment

Try the EMG's and you'll most likely be surprised. Don, not sure about your 750, was it the black solid color on eBay recently? I remember we were all talking about that one, and I did own it shortly...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Dimarzios FTW!!!!
        Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Originally posted by XxKilgannonxX View Post
          Dimarzios FTW!!!!
          How about posting something of intellectual value? Such as a few sentences about why Dimarzios are supposedly "ftw", and why they would be a good choice for a 750XL?

As for the EMGs - well, to each their own, but I felt that they didn't complement the guitar at all. Just my opinion though. I'm still using my favourite EMG combo (85/58), and they sound absolutely killer in my old Vantage (ash), but they weren't "right" in my 750.

Comment

I like the 85/81 combo I have in mine. The 750 and my LP are the only guitars I still have EMG's in, they sound killer in these two.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              Don, not sure about your 750, was it the black solid color on eBay recently? I remember we were all talking about that one, and I did own it shortly...
              No, the one I have pictured above. It's a sunburst flame maple with a fixed bridge. I think it's been around a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                How about posting something of intellectual value? Such as a few sentences about why Dimarzios are supposedly "ftw", and why they would be a good choice for a 750XL?

As for the EMGs - well, to each their own, but I felt that they didn't complement the guitar at all. Just my opinion though. I'm still using my favourite EMG combo (85/58), and they sound absolutely killer in my old Vantage (ash), but they weren't "right" in my 750.
                Relatively cheap. Not as bright as SD. Evo2 is a favourite of mine. While Tonezone is also very loved...I'm just stereotype super strats and Dimarzios. X2N is you want massive output. I think its one of those things that just clicks when you get one...

Well thats me. YMMV
                Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Originally posted by XxKilgannonxX View Post
                  Relatively cheap. Not as bright as SD. Evo2 is a favourite of mine. While Tonezone is also very loved...I'm just stereotype super strats and Dimarzios. X2N is you want massive output. I think its one of those things that just clicks when you get one...

Well thats me. YMMV
                  Cool beans.

I've only had an X2N before, but it wasn't for me (too mid-scooped sound). I'm considering trying out the Evo for my project guitar, and maybe a Breed for the neck.

Comment

Working...
                  X