How to install schaller strap lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    I use these. Dunlop dual system. You can use a regular strap on it if you want too.

Never had one come loose yet.
    +2 (or is it 3??) for the DDS!

Comment

I prefer the Schallers, just screw the strap pin into the guitar, (might need a toothpick and some glue if it's "skinny"), and the strap part, put on like the instructions say, yep point the "open" end of the horseshoe up, tighten down with a small wrench.

Comment

is it just me or is this like the most basic remedial shit that anyone should be able to do from the instructions that come in the packaging, if you even really need to read those?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          is it just me or is this like the most basic remedial shit that anyone should be able to do from the instructions that come in the packaging, if you even really need to read those?
          + 1,000,000
          That's why I posted the picture.
          That's all you get when you buy them... like I said, not rocket science.
          -Rick

Comment

+ 1,000,000
            That's why I posted the picture.
            That's all you get when you buy them... like I said, not rocket science.
            So I shouldn't be taking my guitars to the local luthier for installing these? He's only been charging 25 bucks to do it. I thought I was getting a good deal!

Kidding, sometimes the easiest things can be the hardest...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              So I shouldn't be taking my guitars to the local luthier for installing these? He's only been charging 25 bucks to do it. I thought I was getting a good deal!
              bring them to me, I'll only charge you $20 :ROTF:

Comment

the one thing I did learn about Schaller straplocks from this board was to use a little blue Loctite on the outer screw washer to keep it from coming loose. that is a key piece of info there.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  the one thing I did learn about Schaller straplocks from this board was to use a little blue Loctite on the outer screw washer to keep it from coming loose. that is a key piece of info there.
                  Or just use the Dunlop's... they don't come loose.
                  Buy a set and you'll see what I mean.
                  -Rick

Comment

Or just use the Dunlop's... they don't come loose.
                    Buy a set and you'll see what I mean.
                    Yeah, but over time, that ball bearing system Dunlop uses will wear out and fail. Just ask Xenophobe.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I haven't had that issue... yet. (crosses fingers and hits the bearing with a shot of WD-40).
                      -Rick

Comment

I never had that problem either, but I only used them on two guitars which I no longer own. I do still have a strap laying around with the dual design system on it, but no guitar for it.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is this for real or just a sick joke. What next how to hold a pick or put the strap on the guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                            Is this for real or just a sick joke. What next how to hold a pick?

I don't have the weblink handy at the moment, but there's a whole website out there devoted to that with pics, history, theory, and everything. I think there were even some videos.

Comment

This thread hurts my head. How hard is it to read the instructions?
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

it took me like an hour when i first got the schaller strap locks to figure out i had to disconnect the two bits then again i am a dumb ass..
                                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Working...
                                X