No announcement yet.

Prepping guitar before concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my theory, if its not broken don't fix it. If your strings are so bad you don't know if they will make it through a show then of course change your strings several days in advance. I always take a backup guitar. After the show then tear the guitar apart, give it a good cleaning and new set of strings. And NEVER take a new guitar to a show. Just kidding. Enjoy your COW.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

change your strings a day or so before the gig. stretch the hell out of them so that they have seated before the gig. (stretch them untill the hold tune after stretching). then you should be good.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Don't do too much to the guitar. I used to change strings a few days before and break them in but now I don't unless my strings are very bad. Never change strings just a bit before the gig as they'll go out of tune. Bring a backup if you can - borrow a friends if you have to. Something might happen, gigs are bitches for stuff going wrong.
        I usually carry a few things in a bag for gigs and practices - some things to fix problems if they happen. Allen keys, strings, batteries, string winder, screwdriver set, spare fuse, tuner and a few other bits and pieces. Also make sure you have a good cable that won't cut out and it wouldn't hurt to carry a spare cable too.
        Good luck with the gig.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
          And GOR, its not in the Rock Café, but in de Vort'n Vis in Ieper. We'll play in the rock café soon i hope.

Thanks for the advice.
          That's too far!! I'm in Hasselt for god's sake!

We're working on putting together another band (covergigs only at first) and we'll be playing Rock Cafe in the next year or two, I hope.

[spoiled brat]If you ever need any help for gigs around Vlaams-Brabant I can see what I can do, my other guitarplayer has been gigging a lot around those parts (with 'poisonmyblood', yeah it's metalcore...............) and is hooked up with connections. [/spoiled brat]

Have a GREAT gig!
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
            That's too far!! I'm in Hasselt for god's sake!

We're working on putting together another band (covergigs only at first) and we'll be playing Rock Cafe in the next year or two, I hope.

[spoiled brat]If you ever need any help for gigs around Vlaams-Brabant I can see what I can do, my other guitarplayer has been gigging a lot around those parts (with 'poisonmyblood', yeah it's metalcore...............) and is hooked up with connections. [/spoiled brat]

Have a GREAT gig!
            That would be great
            It's really not hard to play in the rock café. Just call the owner and ur basically set
            We're gonna start looking for more gigs in the future because now i know most of their songs (i'm only with them for like 3 months), so we'll prolly try and find gigs through www.deathmetal.be too.

Comment

Working...
            X