No announcement yet.

Pickup Change Dk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by texasfury; 10-12-2008, 10:24 PM.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      So the Duncan Designed version of the JB is also overrated and sucks as much as a normal JB? :ROTF:
      Yes, you could say that (unless you enjoy sounding like Dave and Marty):ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
        If you had two DK2s or SL2Hs, this would be a good comparison. While not comparing apples and oranges, it's more like comparing Fuji and Granny Smith apples.

Anyway, when I had the DD in my DK2, there was no drive in the distortion. I get that now with the Power Rail I dropped in.
        I already compared apples to apples in my first post in this thread. My latest post was an update because I just got the SL2H Friday.

When I compared a real TB4 a year ago, I loaded it into an alder body bolt on, maple and rosewood neck. Same 25.5" scale length, but 22 frets (doesn't matter). The trem was a Kahler 2700 Killer (floating like a Lic FR Pro in the DK2, but much more steel). In that comparison, they sounded the same, or at least close enough that I sold the TB4 because it wasn't worth having two guitars that sound the same.

From what you have said, I'm guessing your Duncan Designed was 1/2 dead (or more likely wired incorrectly? single coil mod?) because the DC Resistance you mentioned is almost exactly 1/2 of a JB (DD or TB4) and in single coil mod, (or 1 dead coil), it would have 1/2 the power, hence "no drive" as you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
          For those interested, the Duncan Designed HB-102B (supposedly modeled after the JB) that comes in most DK2s puts out a paltry 8K of resistance, compared to the 16K a real JB has.
          To add to what DonP is saying: My suspicion is that your DD was operating in the coil-tap/single coil mode, either due to mis-wiring or due to one of the two coils of your humbucker being shorted internally....................This would also explain its good highs and mids and its lack of oomph (like a single coil!!!)...............

Comment

REVIVING A VERY DEAD THREAD:

Thought id do this then start a new one,
            Duncan Blackouts of EMG-HZ's?
            BRidge position fo rmy DK2,
            Hot rails in both center and neck.

Anyone have a picture of hotrails in their DK2? WOuld love to see it.

Comment

Let the dead rest in peace.

Damn, time flies.

Comment

alright ill make a new thread then

Comment

Working...
                X