setting up a floyd not to float!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
    Actually I DO have a clue. I have had NO problems reseting the trem properly and maintain the proper tuning stability after doing this. It is basic. It isn't curing cancer....if you can't do it, then YOU are the NOOB.

To toejam, maiden666, and Bengal65: grow-up.... I was trying to offer the guy a viable alternative that WORKS. You are more then welcome to continue hiding behind your keyboards like a coward while shooting your mouth-offs in a cowardly fashion, but save your forum politics for your little tree-house club. And let me assure you, if I was standing right in front of you, you wouldn't be shooting your mouths off the way you did. Cowards. And thanks for the "welcome-to-the-forum" comments.... assholes.
    my what a pleasent chap you are BIG RED KN.B i bet you arnt old enough to drink beer yet and still think your willy is used to wee over high walls.Man even my wife is laughing here in blighty:ROTF:
    Dk2 pro in black
    Marshall jcm900 4502dr
    Marshall vs200 avt100
    and diamonds and rust.....

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
      You can block your trem several ways (as mentioned).
      Here's another way using parts you can find at Home Depot for under $1.

Assembled ...

And installed ...

There seem to be alot of egotistical know-it-alls on this forum that will argue what's "right" and what's "wrong" ... you do what's best for you.
      thanks that looks good but i live in uk so would have to take a picture of this along to the diy shop
      Dk2 pro in black
      Marshall jcm900 4502dr
      Marshall vs200 avt100

Comment

May I suggest a nut to lock the threded rod in place?May be you used a liquid thread locker is that the case?
        That is a great low buck idea.... kudos.
        Anyone bet Big Red is about 6 feet tall, 75 lbs and wears no shirts so all the women can see his array of jail house tattoos and count all his boney ribs.
        Last edited by straycat; 08-05-2007, 04:15 PM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Has anyone here used a Tremol-No?
          If so can you give me your opinions please.
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
            Why bother? That $1.00 fix is it. I bought a neck through V that had the glued wood solution. I yanked that out. This method is way better. And being anal, it should not impair the "Vibes" that is/are in the body wood.
            Last edited by fett; 08-05-2007, 04:30 PM.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Not all of us buy $100 guitars gramps!
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

You just wish you did. There about 10 jillion electric guitars here in the USA and you are not. Sad, but true. So, I can buy a 1983 Electra for $10. Take that.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  May I suggest a nut to lock the threded rod in place?
                  Good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                    I have 3 of them Shobet. They work great. Kevan (inventor) is a member of the forum here. There were quite a few posts awhile back. They work great and no mods are made to your guitar. So, if you decide to take it off for some reason, the guitar will look completely stock.

They are simple to install and the instructions are very easy to follow. The only thing I have found that I don't like is that the thumb screws can be lost if you have the one locking one loose (floating trem). A little silicone seal in the threads kept mine from falling out.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i got the trem blocked with 2 bits of maple and now its like a hardtail,easy to tune and change strings and saves me buying a dk2t.thanks guys!
                      Dk2 pro in black
                      Marshall jcm900 4502dr
                      Marshall vs200 avt100

Comment

Working...
                      X