Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the Dinky have a thinner neck than the KV2 "Speed Neck"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does the Dinky have a thinner neck than the KV2 "Speed Neck"?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Inazone:
    [QB] Although I have no "proof" to back this up, I've always thought that it must be a neck-thru vs. bolt-on thing, that for some structural integrity reason, a bolt-on neck could be thinner because of the way it is joined to the body.

I heard the same thing as Inazone. I had both necks and I prefer the Dinky cause it is a little thinner and easier but also its oiled and I like that better then painted necks. So you have that to consider too.

Comment

Re: Why does the Dinky have a thinner neck than the KV2 "Speed Neck"?

Originally posted by P I K A:
      I prefer the Dinky cause it is a little thinner and easier but also its oiled and I like that better then painted necks.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The new DK1 is oiled. I believe all the other Dinky necks have a matte satin gloss finish on them.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: Why does the Dinky have a thinner neck than the KV2 &quot;Speed Neck&quot;?

None of the production USA Dinkys had/have a satin matte finish. They are unfinished all the way, always have been.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Re: Why does the Dinky have a thinner neck than the KV2 &quot;Speed Neck&quot;?

Originally posted by charvel750:
          None of the production USA Dinkys had/have a satin matte finish. They are unfinished all the way, always have been.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, the only USA Dinky available at the moment is the DK1. All the others are imports, and they're not oiled.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X