No announcement yet.

Floyd Secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've learned to set it up by some article. After a little Googling, here it is:
    http://www.blues4kids.com/special_pr...loyd_howto.htm

Comment

I use a deck of playing cards.......
      I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

from my experience the strings' tuning tends to get flat over time as it stretches so i reset the fine tuners two thirds to the flat/low/loose end before i tune using machine heads so the fine tuners don't max out, which means you don't need to take out the allen wrench as often.

also before i tune it, i tighten the strings and play around with the whammy in a non-musical way to stretch the strings. imo tuning stretched strings are much more easier than tuning brand new strings cause the difference created by the floating bridge wouldn't be multiplied by the strings stretching and so changing the tension
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCw4Es1ARzY
        http://www.soundclick.com/milkmen

Comment

I cheat. I get a shop to do a setup, then I just use the tuner on my Boss GT-8
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
            You can put an eraser or folded cardboard in the trem cavity between the body and the sustain block. It's the same area you would use to block the trem for dive only, of course you would want use something more permanent like a fixed piece of wood for that. Maybe the picture will help explain where I'm talking about.

Never thought about putting the object in that way. Solves my problem with having the tension resting on the itonation screws. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              I cheat. I get a shop to do a setup, then I just use the tuner on my Boss GT-8
              I prefer that as well, but the shop is an hour away and last time they dented/cracked my case somehow.

Comment

So how much are you guys paying to have someone string a guitar for you and how long are you with out your guitar?
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

When i restring my Floyded guitars. I pull all the strings off. clean the baord as needed. Then start with the low E consecutively to the high E. When i go to tune it. I bring the E,A,D stirngs about a half step sharp. Then when i tune the G,B and E strings to pitch the trem finishes dropping into proper pitch range dropping the E,A, and D strings into tune. more or less. Then I tweak the tuning push the bar down and then pull it up to stretch the strings.
                  Retune and push bar down and then pull it back up again. Retune one more time then I stretch the strings by hand sliding my hands up and down the strings moving my fingers in a pinching motion. The retune and lock down the pressure pads. Fine tune and Im done. Takes me less than 5 minutes to throw the strings on then about another 3-5 to stretch and tune etc.
                  Gil

Comment

Working...
                  X