humbucker reccomendations for replacing a JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: humbucker reccomendations for replacing a JB

I really like the Screamin' Demon too. IT is about 10K on my meter, but doesn't seem to lack the ability to put out a good amount of output. It has a very clear tone, probbaly due to the lower output. Plus, they seem to go pretty cheap on the bay-I got mine for 40 bucks.

Comment

model1 you may want to try a Bill Lawrence 500L or XL, the L is a more rounded pickup were the XL is a high output mutha, alot of highs & harmonics but sometimes alittle shrill but if your tuning down i dont think you'll have that problem

Comment

What I don't understand is why you have so many guitars with JB's in them? Don't they all start to sound alike after awhile? I would just experiment-you can return Duncan's within a few weeks, and I believe DImarzio has a return policy too. Jusy keep trying til you find one you like!

Comment

DiMarzio Super Distortion or Tone Zone. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
            anyone tried those new duncan active live wires? specifically the metal pickup?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES! They come stock in the Charvel Model A. They scream. Forget clean sounds though! Pure Metal.
            [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

so you would recommend a 500XL
              ok i have to try that

that brings me to another question
              what about string spacing with blade pickups
              i already own a SD dimebucker
              and the blades end directly at the e(c)-strings
              shouldn´t they go a little further?

thanks
              andy

Comment

The Dimebucker is so high output, that shouldn't make a diffference. Also with the higher output non-F scpaced pickups (Distortion, JB) it doesn't seem to make a difference either. It is more for cosmetic issues. With any pickup that high output, pole pieces or blades, you shouldn't notice any sort of volume dropoff.

Comment

Working...
                X