Kahler Killer vs New Kahler hybrid !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
    Pics of both of the trems would be good.
    Kahler Killer: http://www1.musikmachen.net/basics/g..._egit/vib9.jpg

Kahler Hybrid: http://www.musicland.co.jp/static-im.../13_7300gx.jpg

Comment

Any important differences between the old trems and the new ones?
      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
      custom made Les Paul
      VOX Tonelab LE
      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
      ADA MP1
      BBE 422A
      Lexicon MPX-G2
      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
      Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
        Any important differences between the old trems and the new ones?
        Old Killer is the only killer, it is very floyd-like. Difference is infinite adjustablility and different stud spacing.

Hybrids and other true "kahlers" don't have a through body route, and the top route has nothing in common with the Floyd. Killers are not even Kahlers by most accounts.

They are very kick-ass though.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Hey mountain dog....that picture of that Killer looks just like one of the Killers i got off ebay.....I am thinking of puting it on my model 2 !

Don't get me wrong.....I love my Killers....(like I said, I am replacing all my 2500's with them....nuff said)

BUT.....I would love to have one or two of those new Kahler Cam systems on a couple of my guitars....they are the "smooooothest" action trems I have ever used and appear to always go back to "positon"....But I use 12's - 56's - and I have been told that these units (USA or Hybrid or X-trem) will not handle these guages....So.....

Does anyone out there have any of these new Kahler cam trems.....?

And What gauge of strings do you use ??????

Comment

Direct from Neal Moser...about the X-Trem/Hybrid.

I've used these bridges and they function just as well as the top of the line Kahler 2315's. The thing that makes ALL Kahlers work so well is the CAM bearings. The same CAM bearings are used in ALL the Kahler flat mount trem bridges. The bearings are shipped to China for installation in the X-Trem bridges. The same goes for the Hybrid bridges as well.
            So now you know.
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Kahler Killer vs New Kahler hybrid !

> The one I'd like to find is their "lawsuit" Floyd copy. I had one on the Model 6 I lost in the house fire,and it was downright awesome. I think the whole thing,saddles,block,and baseplate were made out of hardened stainless. The saddles were adjustable just like the cam versions too. Tommy D.
              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
              X