Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 81 or 85?

Originally posted by diospada:
    EMG 25th anniversary set (chrome) is what i'm gonna get [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] BTW, i've read it somewhere that only 2500 of these were made, is that true?? I doubt it though...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, only 2500 made. My certificate of authenticity says it's set 1022 of 2500. Check 'em out! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I want more pics!! close up pics, everything of that hamer!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's another. I'll take some close-up pics of the pups tomorrow. The EMG logo is etched in and highlighted in gold. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by JDA:
          Has anyone compared the 85 to the 89 and how close are those in humbucking mode? I read they are similar on the EMG site, but wanting opinions from people who actually used both pickups.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, in my KE3, I've got the 85 in the bridge and the 89 in the neck which is splittable using the push-pull volume pot. It's not really fair to compare the sound between them since one is in the bridge and the other is in the neck, but I can certainly tell you that they complement each other very nicely. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That was a good pic, Toe! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Now thats a nice Hamer TJ.Whats that to the right? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

most of you already know my vote, but in case you couldn't find your "search" button, here it is! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a 85 at the bridge in my Greco Les Paul Custom and it sounds awesome. Although i don't have much experience with Pickups, i think Emg's are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    That was a good pic, Toe! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's probably the best pic I think I've ever taken! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Toe how many Watts is that Vai "Green Meanie" box amp putting out? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X