No announcement yet.

Removing flat black paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's bronze. Damnit.:ROTF: I just may leave the black where it is on the back. Sand down the front to bronze and leave the sides black. I bought this for the tuners.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Citrustrip Remover $16

http://www.constantines.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=198
      JvicE

Comment

Here's the front. I tried 400 but that just didn't cut it. 100 true grit did it in 10 min.

Comment

Bronze my arse, that looks pink to me you big gaylord
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

looks pretty decent, fett when you used the 400, were you using soapy water too. I knocked down paint pretty quickly with it.

shine her up, the two tone looks really cool.
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I didn't use a wet 400. This paint had no hardening whatsoever. The 100 grit just did it. It just dusted right off. I will keep the sides and the back indents black. Why not? Stay tuned. I'm sure I have a trem that will fit. And here is why I want to rebuild it.
              Last edited by fett; 07-14-2007, 07:57 PM.

Comment

pups?
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Yep. I think they are good ones. The body is really light. The neck is fine. I pulled the 90 degree tuners ( I'll sell them to Carr so he can create a classic. ) and will install Jacksons. It's just a surprise fun project.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    Here's the front. I tried 400 but that just didn't cut it. 100 true grit did it in 10 min.
                    Make sure you flip that jack around before mounting it.
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.:ROTF: I tried a Jackson 590 for fit and it looks like it will work.

Comment

Working...
                      X