How to ship a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to ship a guitar

Here's where you can get great boxes for shipping guitars if you don't have a music store that can provide them. Even with shipping they're only about 8 bucks per box and they are very strong.
    http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.a...&pricode=WD823
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
      Commons sense says a lot of things. What you're forgetting is that the truss rod essentially equals out the force of the strings over much of the neck. Any impact that will break the neck will break it whether the guitar is strung or not.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Think whatever you like but the laws of physics don't agree with you.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

yeah i have to agree since most necks break past the point where there is any truss rod, & many with OFR nuts that bolt thru the neck break or crack at those bolts. like i said my guitar fell forward if you look at the angle of the break you would swear it fell back. the strings pulled it apart not the impact.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
          Here's where you can get great boxes for shipping guitars if you don't have a music store that can provide them. Even with shipping they're only about 8 bucks per box and they are very strong.
          http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.a...&pricode=WD823
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the link [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Black Mariah:
            Commons sense says a lot of things. What you're forgetting is that the truss rod essentially equals out the force of the strings over much of the neck. Any impact that will break the neck will break it whether the guitar is strung or not.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Think whatever you like but the laws of physics don't agree with you. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The UPS damage claims I've seen don't agree with you, so we're even. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

So what guitars have you seen with truss rods that run into the headstock? We're not talking about necks that broke in half - we're talking about breaks at the nut.

Mind explaining how that truss rod protects the headstock?

Pete

Originally posted by Black Mariah:

Unless you're using 14's tuned to a step and a half above standard on an Ibanez. Then all bets are off. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
              X