No announcement yet.

firsttime fretboard cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veggies are organic, lemons are organic, linseeds are organic, I'm having trouble seeing how veggie oil is different? I've left some oil out in a dish, so we'll see if it starts growing things. :shrugs:

EDIT: found this: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._utensils.html

It says any cooking oil is fine for wooden utensils. I know I sure wouldn't want bacteria growing in my cooking utensils, so I'm satisfied that the vegetable oil isn't going to hurt the fretboard.
    Last edited by Spivonious; 06-30-2007, 10:18 AM.
    Scott

Comment

I say we don't clean...it'll be anarchy!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        It says any cooking oil is fine for wooden utensils. I know I sure wouldn't want bacteria growing in my cooking utensils, so I'm satisfied that the vegetable oil isn't going to hurt the fretboard.
        According to Jimmy D'Acquisto, the acoustic guitar maker, over time, it will. That's why he prefers to use motor oil. I wouldn't take a chance on using any vegetable oil on a guitar fingerboard. With regard to wooden utensils, you'd have to wash them anyway, wouldn't you?

And lemon oil is not true "lemon" oil. It's mostly mineral oil.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          According to Jimmy D'Acquisto, the acoustic guitar maker, over time, it will. That's why he prefers to use motor oil. I wouldn't take a chance on using any vegetable oil on a guitar fingerboard. With regard to wooden utensils, you'd have to wash them anyway, wouldn't you?

And lemon oil is not true "lemon" oil. It's mostly mineral oil.
          Toe,
          Does he use synthetic or dino oil, Mobil 1, Amsoil?
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

From what I remember about the article, regular 10W30 or 10W40. Not sure which brand.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
              i wouldn't care about the effect visually, i would care on how finger grime can collect in there.
              It won´t collect in there. Epoxy is also available in "clear"

Comment

Working...
              X