Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even after all this time, I STILL have no use for the tone control.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Even after all this time, I STILL have no use for the tone control.

I have one of the Fender TBX tone controls in my HM strat, and that IS actually useable. I agree that normal passive tone controls just suck. The only time I would use one would be if switching guitars and wanting to keep the same amp settings, to roll off some of the highs from brighter guitars.

Comment

A friend of mine use to work at emg-years ago
      Anyway he had a sa setup with the spc. That was a chainsaw when you turned up the spc. Wonder what it does to humbuckers, Anyone ever try it?

600.00 GBP = 1,113.22 USD

Really what color is it?

Comment

I can attest to the SPC giving SAs a thick humbucker-like tone. My guitar teacher has a Gilmour Strat - three EMG SAs, EMG-SPC, and EMG-EXG. Damn, that thing is a tone machine. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Alrighty, I have a question then.

When you remove your tone controls and replace them with the volume controls, do you fill up the space where the volume originally used to be? I personally like having the volume close to the bridge pickup, but I find that I just don't use the tone control since I prefer controlling treble frequencies in my picking style/attack.

Toejam, I think I will try an EMG accessory in there then! Thanks for the confirmation!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
            I'd like some sort of mid-sweep control, ideally. Where could I purchase such a control?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">did you ever think about a JE1200? if you don't know this is an active mid-boost by jackson for passive PUs.
            could suit your use pretty well...
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
            X