No announcement yet.

Is this an easy fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly: WTF? No guitar manu is going to cut custom grooves on a TOM. They are generic. I think. Just move the bridge over a tad. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: He beat me to it. Now, just to break your balls , is the floating bridge trully flush with the soundboard?
    Last edited by fett; 06-25-2007, 02:47 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

There was nothing wrong with the slots. It was merely the floating bridge, like he said. Our other guitarist has one of these Ibanezes with the floating bridge. Freaked him out, first time he swapped strings and it moved on him. You just gotta be very careful when changing strings, other wise, you run into intonation issues, and things of this nature if you're not careful.
      Some people have taken their guitars like this, to a luthier, and have had the bridge doweled, with matching holes, in the body, in the right spot. That way, the bridge is not adhered down to the body, and you don't lose your position. Some claim that your tone will suffer if you double-side tape it, but I remain doubtful. I'd try that, first, before the dowel method.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Just move the bridge over a tad. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: He beat me to it. Now, just to break your balls , is the floating bridge trully flush with the soundboard?
        Yes the bridge is flush against the sound board.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

my explorers tunomatic piece is cut in wierdo positions, and i don't quite remember who said this but, the slots aren't cut from the factory. they just have a slight indentation to keep the strings in place, so you can cut them to how you need them to be cut.
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

ahhh, i remember my first floating type piece, it was a string bass, the frog was off, and i thought it was fixed as well, until a luthier guy came to my school and thought me how to adjust it.
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
              Yes the bridge is flush against the sound board.
              Then you are done and enjoy the guitar. I may have to get one. That looks way cool.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                Then you are done and enjoy the guitar. I may have to get one. That looks way cool.
                Hey Fett I think it is above your price limit:ROTF:
                Well if you buy a new one anyway. I hope it will have better resale than that $150 limit of yours
                RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                  my explorers tunomatic piece is cut in wierdo positions, and i don't quite remember who said this but, the slots aren't cut from the factory. they just have a slight indentation to keep the strings in place, so you can cut them to how you need them to be cut.
                  I have never seen a TOM without the grooves already there, and I've bought plenty of them brand new. I just got a new Tone Pros TOM, and it was done already. You shouldn't need more than a very slight indentation in the saddle. Anything more than that isn't necessary unless there are other problems, such as the tailpiece off centre.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                  X