carving a body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: carving a body?

What would one of those cost for a fellow JCF'er???
    Seriously man, that is nice work and that has been my dream guitar ever since the mid-eighties. George rules!!! On the p'up route and the trem cavity, are they from the top of the blank? I mean, the raised part of the bones and the trem cavity are on the same plane right? If so, then essentially you route those first and then just "dig" out the troughs between the bones, right?
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Bro at the moment I have the Bones guitar and the ESP Kamikazee body which is minus a neck but I will be putting this together soon and I have a custom made Baretta body with a single coil in the neck and a hum in the bridge and I'll be finishing this in the Tiger paint job or the green coloured Charvel Tiger like the original.
      I will also be adding the Mr Grafitti and the Lynch sub guitar which are my 2 favourites. Basically I would like to make every guitar that George has but in my own style ie like the Charvels NOT the ESP versions.Hope this helps Kammo1 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bro , a 2 piece blank will work fine as trying to get a 1 piece body will be relatively expensive and you won't run the risk of it cupping or warping. Kammo1

Comment

Bro thanks for the compliments. Yep the routing is done first and then the carvings after, golden rule and that is plan everything carefully first and then take your time and don't rush things it will be worth it in the end.
          I also am a huge Lynch fan and anyone who is a serious fan and guitarist cannot afford to be without this one. For the present moment in time they are not available on a commercial basis but hopefully by the end of the year they will if anyone would want one. I am based here in the UK so pound to dollar conversion would be a big disadvantage but again when I can produce these faster hopefully the price will be reasonable I'll keep you posted. Kammo1

Comment

Kammo1, what other Lynch guitars do you have? Also, will a two-piece blank work?
            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
            X