Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does this pickup exist?

Originally posted by PowerTube:
    Thanks for the input, guys. I have a couple of other ideas which I do plan to patent eventually, ideas much more earth-shattering than this one. In fact, the couple I plan to incorporate will dramatically change the way electric guitars are designed and also improve the quality.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, borther, you got the marketing angle down, that's fer sure... ;-)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Yeah brother
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse Greenawalt:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PowerTube:
        Thanks for the input, guys. I have a couple of other ideas which I do plan to patent eventually, ideas much more earth-shattering than this one. In fact, the couple I plan to incorporate will dramatically change the way electric guitars are designed and also improve the quality.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, borther, you got the marketing angle down, that's fer sure... ;-) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...er, that's brother... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

But wait! There's more! If you order now, you'll also receive this lovely Chia Pet, etc.....

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Reagrding pick up ideas I often wanted to have a set of three humbuckers and with each of the humbuckers (Or single coil if you want or whatever really) would be spilt into three places, Prehaps it be better to have three small humbucker but I'm no expert so I don't know which would sound better but anyway.

The point being that you could select one part for each area of were the pick ups are.

Let me explain, For instance each small humbucker would be a third of the size of a normal humbucker but put next to each other so that it looks just like a normal pickup but one part is only picking up the low E and A strings the second D and G and so on, now if you had this on all three you could choose which type of picup for each part of each string so you could have a Bridge type 'bucker for the lower string but still have a neck pickup slected for the higher strings and vice versa and everything in between.

Sorry a picture would have been more helpful and I am not sure if this has benn thought up, done or is just an impractical idea but I've always liked it.

What do you think?

Comment

Interesting idea, but complex in execution. Remember that every coil added to the mix loads the whole circuit in some way. And unless you only want one such pickup, the normal switching options would be INSANELY convoluted. Ideally, there would be a computerized switching arrangement that would allow you to hook up a bunch of coils and program the switching of them. But there ain't such a critter. If there were you could have, say, 5 hex pickups and emulate single coil or humbuckers in traditional configurations, plus almost anything you could dream up. BUT the traditional ones wouldn't sound right because the magnetic fields are all different.

So, the real thing is to figure out what you're going for. Traditional sounds require traditional pickups. If you want something new, like a hex pup so you can play min7b5 chords with rectifier-esque fuzz, cool; just don't expect it to sound like a PAF.

Comment

Working...
              X