Neck Humbuckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neck Humbuckers

So I guess it's more about the pickup having pole pieces or a bar on the top. Since the bar is supposed to evenly spread the magnetic field it seems to be a better choice.

Comment

The blade pickups do tend to spread the field evenly. However there aren't a lot of blade humbuckers compared to standard pole pieces. Other options include the Parallel Axis humbuckers from Seymour Duncan. There are a few models available in this configuration. The idea behind this is that there are two pole pieces for each string.

I still think that it is mostly a matter of cosmetics. But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
        I've got an X2N in the bridge of my Warrior (universal spacing with the blade magnets, of course) and an F-spaced Super 2 in the neck... it lines up perfectly.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toejam,

I have been thinking about doing the same thing to my warrior... what can you tell me about the sound difference between the stock Invader and the X2N? I am trying to make the guitar more "brutal"... if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
          I've got an X2N in the bridge of my Warrior (universal spacing with the blade magnets, of course) and an F-spaced Super 2 in the neck... it lines up perfectly.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toejam,

I have been thinking about doing the same thing to my warrior... what can you tell me about the sound difference between the stock Invader and the X2N? I am trying to make the guitar more "brutal"... if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

-Mike
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, my Warrior is an MG with a Peformer neck, so it never had the stock Invader like the new USA model. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          Though, I did have two Invaders in my old Kelly XLR that I sold, and they had a lot of low end and low mids and weren't muddy. The X2N is about the same output, maybe a tiny bit more even, than the Invader, but it's voiced more in the treble range while still having a good balance of lows and mids.
          The Super 2 is an awesome match in the neck, bright, like I prefer my neck pickups. I guess it would be similar to the Full Shred in USA Warriors in tone, from what I've read, but I've never personally heard one.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Toejam! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

No problem. Keep us posted if you swap the pups out. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                Invaders are only one spacing size with their pole pieces, since the magnets are bigger. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For the record it isn't the magent, it's the pole pieces (with the big cap heads screws) that are bigger.

Comment

Well, yeah, I meant pole pieces. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Though, I think the magnet itself may even be bigger in those, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                  X