RR1 - "Jackon Electronics" (imgs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR1 - "Jackon Electronics" (imgs)

A picture. Notice how the saddles forms an arc or small curve.

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Inearthed, I think I may know the reason your pickups don't have the bite your refering to. When you discovered the circuit board, I'm sure you happened to see the 9-volt battery it runs off of. By the looks of the guitar, I seems as though it wasn't proberly taken care of, therefore, the pickups might not sound good because the previous owner didnt change the battery. Try it! Good luck.

Comment

Okay a long delay in this, but I probably won't be posting in this thread again, I promise.. Here's pictures. I also took some pictures of the entire process if anyone wants / needs reference.

BEFORE TREATMENT

And.... AFTER TREATMENT

(the blades look like crap but they're not rusted over, the picture just came out a bit funny). The only thing that didn't get completely clean was the screws holding down saddles (intonation screws), but that's only inside the screws (and its only the rusty color there isn't any rust in there) the outside is very clean.

The parts you can really see the change is the "Jackson" logo on the trem (which was really rusty in the first picture), the saddles, string lock bolts (which were very rusty at first, now they're clean and black for the most part). I replaced the locking blocks since some of them were expaded / cracked / rusted in place. I'm just waiting on my new locking nuts and some new screws for the pickguard (since the heads fell apart as I was removing them) and then I will put it all back together and really mess around with the tone and see if I like the pickups... Thanks for you help everyone.

Originally posted by john:
        Inearthed, I think I may know the reason your pickups don't have the bite your refering to. When you discovered the circuit board, I'm sure you happened to see the 9-volt battery it runs off of. By the looks of the guitar, I seems as though it wasn't proberly taken care of, therefore, the pickups might not sound good because the previous owner didnt change the battery. Try it! Good luck.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">John, thanks for your post... I didn't initially see the battery when I very first opened up the control plate, but the second time doing it (when I took the pictures) I noticed the battery and replaced it... Tone was a little better, but not much.

Comment

Working...
        X