Floyd Rose with piezo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last I saw a Double-Edge Pro go for on Ebay was $450+
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, tried to track down piezo-loaded floyd. Saddles. etc. Tried a few third party companies, as well as Floyd Rose. Sadly, no luck.

I'd buy two or three if others were into them. I think we would only need to get piezo saddles. Perhaps that's the cheaper route. Hmmmm.

Pete

Comment

$450 ... wow, suprising those things have jumped a $100 in a year or so ... heck, back when I was looking, you could buy a 2020x or a 2120x used for ballpark of $600 (mahogany body with a transparent stain), and oddly enough, they had another one that was a metalflake black painted that was moreso an RG570 deal that was selling for a little more than that. When I bought my RG2020X, they were retailed (if my memory serves me correctly) for $1599 and were selling from $999 to $1199. I got mine NOS for $650.

At the time, Ibanez pricelists priced the Double Edge Pro (once again, if memory serves me right) at $599 with the preamp .... but you couldnt buy it by itself. I checked into that as well when I bought the guitar.

I would definately be interested in buying saddles for my Floyd Equipped guitars if someone would make them.

~k
        My gear can be seen here

http://www.myspace.com/kevinspeace

or here ....
        http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/kevinspeace/

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
          My lead guy has the same guitar (EBMM), sounds great, that's what got me to go get the fishman in my LP.
          Yep +1 I have the EBMM Petrucci as well. The Whammy is just as good as my Floyds. The EBMM uses locking tuners and a compensated bridge. So now tuning issues and the piezo's sound great. So, that's the guitar I use when I want the acoustic sound and a whammy at the same time.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I've only heard great things about the Ibanez edge w/ piezo - that's the route I would go unless you want to make one yourself... It might not be that hard depending on the equipment and skills you have available

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
              Going back to your statement before about selling 500, maybe not all at once...

What would it cost to develop a working 12-string piezo bridge? What would it cost to produce them? (keep in mind that tools, dies, jigs, whatnot needs to be developed as well for mass production)

Add those costs up (and a few more that I'm sure I haven't figured into the mix like marketing the product), figure into the mix what their profit would be, and before you know it, you've got a great idea that may not be cost effective.

I don´t know how much the cost would be for production, but how different is a 12 string piezo than a normal 6 string piezo?
              '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
              '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
              custom made Les Paul
              VOX Tonelab LE
              Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
              ADA MP1
              BBE 422A
              Lexicon MPX-G2
              ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
              Support Your Local 81

Comment

Carvin USA makes an incredible product, and their Wilkinson equipped trems can be had with the piezo system for acoustic tones. I am a Floyd man dyed in the wool, but I gotta admit, the Wilky is a very good trem with a similar feel. If you use locking tuners and a special nut it will stay as good in tune as any Floyd. Plus, Carvin is mostly building neck throughs. For the price of an Ibenhad you get USA craftsmanship and way better tone/playability from Carvin...
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah but I'm a Jackson loyalist
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No, I know, but the others are saying you can get the piezo with trem by way of Ibeenhad. I was saying, Carvin is a step up from Ibeenhad. But right on, Jackson over Carvin fo sho!
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

AFAIK Graph Tech IS working on an implementation of their "Ghost" system for the recently released OFR saddles.

Of course, if you don´t like GT then you´re still SOL.

Comment

Be very careful with Graph Tech Floyd saddles... they crack easily!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X