Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trem-setter pro/cons???

Originally posted by RR_1525:
    I plan on getting one for my DK2LE when it comes in.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am going to put mine in my DK2. I'm looking forward to it but I ordered it through musician's friend a week ago and I called them today and THEY still don't even have it in stock. Made me really appreciate the email I got the day after I ordered it saying that it was in the mail. PRICKS [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
      But, it's not the same thing. A Trem-setter is designed to return the trem to zero every time. It also helps cure tuning problems when bending strings. More springs alone won't do that.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know.. but he didn't mention why he wants one. If you are a heavy trem user (I am) you might not like the way it feels. The fact that it stays in tune when you break a string is a nice feature but it isn't enough for me. All my full floating trems can go to drop d without any adjustments. I tune all my guitars with the low E fine tuner as far down as it will go. Then I just back it off to go to D. The correct amount of springs and how they are placed makes a HUGE difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
        The correct amount of springs and how they are placed makes a HUGE difference.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How many springs and where are they placed?

I'd like to try it on one of my Floyd Rose equipped guitars.

/Henrik
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
        X